• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

Top Cat

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Aakash Chopra

"Every cheat claims that it was the first time he cheated....raise your hands if you believe it??? #SandpaperGate"

Virat Kohli

"NO matter how many Worldcup AUSSIES have won so far,NO matter how many champ trophy AUS won so far, NO matter how many test mace AUSSIE won so far.They will never ever able to get rid of this title "CHEATERS" THE MIGHTY EMPIRE HAS FALLEN IN A UGLY WAY"

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
I’m trying to work out how Australia got into the mindset where they decided to go down this path?

At a guess, I reckon all the controversies that have occurred on this tour have led to a real siege mentality in the side, leading to a cynical mindset that thought “Everything’s against us, why not try this?”

I’ve been dubious as far back as the 2016 Sri Lanka tour about whether Smith had the maturity to handle the challenges of being Test captain and this mess pretty much answered it.

Spark

Global Moderator
Put the verbal gloves away.

Using illegal means to win a test match that you're losing is qualitatively worse on cricketing terms, if not equal, in my books to making money from a no ball. Move on now, and let's not talk about the comparison. This is the last I'm going to say on the comparison vs spot fixing but this is piss poor.
see and here i am wanting to keep organised crime syndicates out of cricket. silly me.

Spark

Global Moderator
I’m trying to work out how Australia got into the mindset where they decided to go down this path?

At a guess, I reckon all the controversies that have occurred on this tour have led to a real siege mentality in the side, leading to a cynical mindset that thought “Everything’s against us, why not try this?”

I’ve been dubious as far back as the 2016 Sri Lanka tour about whether Smith had the maturity to handle the challenges of being Test captain and this mess pretty much answered it.
yeah this has been obviously building for a while now. even the reaction to the rabada ban being overturned suggested it.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Eh, I think they've always been doing it just like every other team.

Heboric

International Debutant

I agree, they have an excellent bowling attack, why do they they have to do it.

Cant believe it happened to be honset, bit of a shock. It looked so blatant.

Only thing worse would have been ordering those 300ml glass coke bottles at a drinks break and just whipping off the bottle top to scrape the ball

Top Cat

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Sad thing is it's gonna overshadow Steve Smith's amazing batting skills whenever we assess him I wonder if he retains his Australian and IPL captaincy. I think Cricket Australia will let him off pretty lightly here since he scores 50% of the teams runs. It's also going to lead to a very sour taste in oppositions' mouths. There's not going to be much respect left for him as a person.

sunilz

International Regular
Aakash Chopra

"Every cheat claims that it was the first time he cheated....raise your hands if you believe it??? #SandpaperGate"

Virat Kohli

"NO matter how many Worldcup AUSSIES have won so far,NO matter how many champ trophy AUS won so far, NO matter how many test mace AUSSIE won so far.They will never ever able to get rid of this title "CHEATERS" THE MIGHTY EMPIRE HAS FALLEN IN A UGLY WAY"
Parody account . not real.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The question is how long have they been doing this and got away with it?

Surely this wasn't the first occasion and they have been rumbled on day 1 of it.

Spark

Global Moderator
I agree, they have an excellent bowling attack, why do they they have to do it.

Cant believe it happened to be honset, bit of a shock. It looked so blatant.

Only thing worse would have been ordering those 300ml glass coke bottles at a drinks break and just whipping off the bottle top to scrape the ball
i mean they're losing, desperate, and can't find a way to get the opposition's gun batsman out. motivation isn't that surprising.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nothing to be said really. Just wish the Aussies would stop losing their head every time they start to lose. It's time to take a step back and just focus on cricket. Get beers with the opposition players. Get some grace and camraderie going.

sunilz

International Regular
Why the on-field umpires didn't change that ball like its been done previously for other teams. Umpires afraid to take a call ? Imagine if SA had been 8 or 9 down by end of the day's play.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
yeah this has been obviously building for a while now. even the reaction to the rabada ban being overturned suggested it.
It wouldn’t surprise if the overturning of the Rabada ban was the tipping point for them to lose their minds and even consider this. Their reaction was probably a mixture of “We’re doomed, he’s too good for us” & “The fix is in, we’re being dudded” and it all degenerated from there.

Chrish

International Debutant
Hope Smith doesn't get banned for the last game. Want him to finish the series so we can reevaluate the big 4.