• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Lyon with bat was brave...Hope he is brave enough with ball as well to pitch it up and flight

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
As much as people might enjoy throwing Lehman and Warner's newfound piety back in their faces, do you really want to side with that bloated pig taunting Warner on the sidelines? What a prick.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As much as people might enjoy throwing Lehman and Warner's newfound piety back in their faces, do you really want to side with that bloated pig taunting Warner on the sidelines? What a prick.
Hope he got evicted.

Flem274*

123/5
not really, but it's because he's an onlooker not involved that it's yuck in this case.

If you want australia and their sledging culture to change then the only way to stop it is to escalate until they mentally capitulate or are too physically threatened by dangerous bowling to open their mouths.

i've said it before and will until the end of time - if the abuse, threats of broken arms, requests for stump mics to be turned off, sarcastic applause inches from your nose during sends off etc affect your side too much for them to compete then your only option is escalation. Australia will not talk if they know they might get injured. David Warner or whoever cannot talk if he's not on the field. You cop your fine and ban from the ICC and move on to the next game, then rinse and repeat.

That is the only option you can take if you can't compete within the cricketing laws against a side that dishes out threats of assault free from consequence.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
not really, but it's because he's an onlooker not involved that it's yuck in this case.

If you want australia and their sledging culture to change then the only way to stop it is to escalate until they mentally capitulate or are too physically threatened by dangerous bowling to open their mouths.

i've said it before and will until the end of time - if the abuse, threats of broken arms, requests for stump mics to be turned off, sarcastic applause inches from your nose during sends off etc affect your side too much for them to compete then your only option is escalation. Australia will not talk if they know they might not go home to their families. David Warner or whoever cannot talk if he's in a coma from a beamer. You cop your fine and ban from the ICC and move on to the next game, then rinse and repeat.

That is the only option you can take if you can't compete within the cricketing laws against a side that dishes out threats of assault free from consequence.
WTF is this rot?

Flem274*

123/5
WTF is this rot?
i'm saying that england should have set bodyline fields and turned a blind eye the innings after michael clarke started gobbing off about broken arms. if you're a test skipper you don't just sit there and let your bowler take that from the opposition without consequences. you meet the challenge and you escalate.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Australia would be happier than most sides if bodyline fields were allowed, but it would end up killing Cricket.

At the end of the day if you give **** out on the field you have to expect to cop it.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
i'm saying that england should have set bodyline fields and turned a blind eye the innings after michael clarke started gobbing off about broken arms. if you're a test skipper you don't just sit there and let your bowler take that from the opposition without consequences. you meet the challenge and you escalate.
You also need bowlers fast enough to execute leg theory. Anderson, Broad, or Boult and Southee don't quite make the grade. Johnson scared the **** out of Eng without resorting to blatant bodyline. You want to give someone like that more motivation?

Flem274*

123/5
yes and no. i think it was SS who said once that if cricket had more of an ice hockey view on the biff there would be a lot less said on the field in general.

some of the potential match ups would be pretty hilarious

Flem274*

123/5
You also need bowlers fast enough to execute leg theory. Anderson, Broad, or Boult and Southee don't quite make the grade. Johnson scared the **** out of Eng without resorting to blatant bodyline. You want to give someone like that more motivation?
just overstep. bodyline is already illegal, so if the umpires didnt call the game off before a ball was bowled you may as well go the whole hog and overstep. a metre would make a big difference.

cnerd123

likes this
Just saw the first Day highlights - how on Earth did Steve Smith not refer that LBW shout against ABDV? Looks absolutely dead to me, and Smith loves to review decisions