• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

Spark

Global Moderator
ABdV was way too wide there. Maharaj isn't exactly tossing them up slowly and ragging them, any edges are always likely to really skid on and go quite fine.

SeamUp

International Coach
Paine has held things together here well. He isn't spectacular but he does a decent under-stated dual job.

loterry

Cricket Spectator
I reckon Paine deserves a chance higher up the order, his decent enough but how’s he ever gonna get a lot of runs when he can’t get many partnerships with proper batsmen, and his so low down batting with the tail, trying to survive and get them through.

Didn’t he open in big bash before? I reckon his patient style could put him up at 4-5 and smith move up to 3

Tec15

First Class Debutant
:mad: What an absolutely ********* display from South Africa. First collapsing from 220/2 and now this horrendous performance after having Australia at 175/8. South Africa should be crushing Australia like a bug, but instead they have let them continuously back in the game. Lethargic fielding, dropped catches, frigging bowling Bavuma for no reason, Donkey Morkel allowing easy boundaries, allowing Lyon to hack away 47 from 39 and a potential 136 run lead is more than halved and they still can't bowl them out on the day!!:censored: I was literally screaming and tearing my hair out. And this wasn't the first time SA have taken their foot of the pedal like this either.

To me it has all the echoes of that Wanderers test against India in January, where the Indian tail were allowed to hack themselves away to nearly 250 in the second innings, in what we were told was a pretty poor pitch. And this after getting far more than they should have done in the first innings too. They same culprits too, clueless/complacent captaincy, brainless bowling, ****** catching.

The cherry on top of this **** sundae would be the if the batsmen now take this as their cue to collapse yet again, get out for between 100 and 150 and hand the match to Australia on a platter! Why not, they've already been so generous so far.

loterry

Cricket Spectator
What do you guys think Australia can chase on this wicket, I mean both batting it’s quite weak this series, apart from some centuries from ab and Elgar, both teams have showed once some key players get out they can collapse quite easily

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Advantage SA despite the tail-wag, any lead over 50 is pretty useful.

If they set Australia over 325, they will be comfortable favourites IMO.

Heboric

International Debutant
:mad: What an absolutely ********* display from South Africa. First collapsing from 220/2 and now this horrendous performance after having Australia at 175/8. South Africa should be crushing Australia like a bug, but instead they have let them continuously back in the game. Lethargic fielding, dropped catches, frigging bowling Bavuma for no reason, Donkey Morkel allowing easy boundaries, allowing Lyon to hack away 47 from 39 and a potential 136 run lead is more than halved and they still can't bowl them out on the day!!:censored: I was literally screaming and tearing my hair out. And this wasn't the first time SA have taken their foot of the pedal like this either.

To me it has all the echoes of that Wanderers test against India in January, where the Indian tail were allowed to hack themselves away to nearly 250 in the second innings, in what we were told was a pretty poor pitch. And this after getting far more than they should have done in the first innings too. They same culprits too, clueless/complacent captaincy, brainless bowling, ****** catching.

The cherry on top of this **** sundae would be the if the batsmen now take this as their cue to collapse yet again, get out for between 100 and 150 and hand the match to Australia on a platter! Why not, they've already been so generous so far.
Burp

Stefan9

International Debutant
Disappointing end to the day again. Really should do better to the tail. But would have taken this after yesterday.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Look how Warner is staring at the poor old man. Beyond disgraceful as an international cricketer.
Get out of here, man. Everybody dislikes the Australians but that is not acceptable from the fan; it's obvious from Warner's reaction what the general content of that taunt must have been.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Haha so funny to hear the Aussies crying about being abused..no surprise considering the example from the coach's past of as acting like a ****. Don't you just love karma..suck it up cupcake..

Last edited:

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Excellent that the crowds are still giving it to Warner and his team. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of morons.

Last edited: