• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's stupid how often the old ball has suddenly changed the game and shifted the momentum in this series.

vcs

It seems no matter what they do, South Africa cannot pile up a really big first innings score (last Test the exception). If they start strong, the middle order collapses. Their middle order batsmen only seem to make runs in dire situations.

Bolo

State Captain
It's stupid how often the old ball has suddenly changed the game and shifted the momentum in this series.
Tbf, it wasn't the ball that did it in this one- combination of good bowling and bad batting while the ball was old.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia shaded that session.
Just about.... but this shows that both sides have that fragile middle/lower order, and the minute they are exposed to a moving ball seem to just crumble. Both sides have quality bowlers, no place to hide as a batsmen....

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rabada will make a Test hundred one day, mark my words.
I would be happy for him to just beat his highest score tomorrow.

This series is so swingy. Poor final session from SA handing all initiative to Aus. Get past 300 tomorrow and then see if the deck is as flat as Elgar and ABdV made it look, or can the bowlers do the job.

loterry

Cricket Spectator
Just when I was about to sleep after the lunch session, Cummins breaks the game open, now we have to get them out early and bat well. I still don’t understand why Cummins doesn’t get a chance with the new ball.

Burgey

A. Wow, you're resorting to literalism to rebut my argument.
B. Rabada was not found innocent. Learn the concept of precedent (re Johnson v. Stokes) to understand why Rabada was downgraded.
C. Now you are implying conspiracy that a Queen's Counsel acted in a corrupt manner.

Give it up, buddy.
You say QCS can’t be corrupt. I’ll see if I can dig up a video of the speech Karpal Singh gave at the Bar Association in the mid-90s for you.

See also: Evasion, tax.

Burgey

Excellent. First day drank about 11 ****tails. Yesterday went to the north shore. Sunset was running about 10 feet so it was pretty spectacular - Eddie would go. Hired a red convertible camaro becaus it’s ubderstated, like America itself.

Pearl harbour today hopefully.