• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, but the fault lies with the authorities, not with him is my point.
It lies with both IMO.

The rule, or at least the interpretation or application of the rule, is dumb and needs to be changed. But he's been made aware of how they're going to treat it and he's carried on doing it anyway, which is a really dumb move from him.

I hate nothing more than seeing good players taken out of Tests due to this sort of ****, but some fault does lie with him for not adhering to the dumb rule of the sport he plays for money.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Classic "He broke the rules!" "But the rules are dumb!" "But he still broke them!" debate going on here
No it isn't. I think the rules are soft too. But he's ****ing with his team now. That's a bigger deal which SA and Faf now need to manage.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No it isn't. I think the rules are soft too. But he's ****ing with his team now. That's a bigger deal which SA and Faf now need to manage.
This, what don't people get?

If you know you're going to get whipped for doing a particular thing, you don't continue to push that line when you've already got a whipping scheduled.

shifty_eyes

U19 12th Man
Agree to disagree but the Rabada send-off to Warner didn't look good. And Top_Cat is right, person under scrutiny will always be under sight more than others.

Bolo

State Captain
So, it's 2nd session day 1. Philander has taken the only two wickets, gone for less than a run an over and is looking like a threat with every ball. The other guys have gone at about 5 an over.

What odds do you need to bet that Philander won't get another wicket all match and will be the most expensive quick for the rest of the match?

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
This, what don't people get?

If you know you're going to get whipped for doing a particular thing, you don't continue to push that line when you've already got a whipping scheduled.
Yeah, I do think he needs to be smarter.

I mean come on. What happened in England with Stokes. Stokes does the same stuff but smarter. Jimmy Anderson to has had words at the batsman but he doesn't look at them in the face. Bowlers tell batsman to **** off when they get them out often.

I actually think the Smith thing is a mountain made of mole hill. KG turns around and Smith is in his space walking off.

The Warner thing just looks purposeful in his face but the emotion of the moment is massive. He has to learn from this. Maybe speaking to Dale because he needs that aggression and energy.

Last edited:

GRAB

First Class Debutant
The discussion, if not clearly announced as such, is really that the rules are interpreted far more strictly for certain players, than others, especially from ones hailing from nations with more ICC clout. The rules aren't the problem, it's biased judges.

StephenZA

Well I missed that... looks like it was quick and ugly! Damn students asking questions.

Happy to see Rabada take 6 scalps.

StephenZA

I think that Rabada is looking for some time off after all the cricket he is playing and since the selectors won`t give him a chance the demerit point system works perfect to give himself a break....

OverratedSanity

How many demerit points has Kholi got ?
You joke but it's a fair point. It's clearly annoying when standards are different for different people. Kohli's done way worse without getting too much punishment. Think he only has 1 demerit point so far.

Hazelwood screams in batsmen's faces a lot too.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You joke but it's a fair point. It's clearly annoying when standards are different for different people. Kohli's done way worse without getting too much punishment. Think he only has 1 demerit point so far.

I don't want this to be more consistent if being more consistent just means giving them all more demerit points tbh.

If it means giving Rabada less then I'm all for it though.

vcs

That Kohli gif I posted a couple of weeks back was pretty hilarious.

Maybe they should all just learn to swear in Hindi. :D

cnerd123

likes this
This problem is always going to be there when it's something so subjective that can have such severe consequences. You're going to miss a game because people think you broke some vague rule on conduct? IDK, the whole structure feels a bit wrong.

Having said that, if Rabada has received warnings before then he deserves to be punished for ignoring them. I'm sure there are better ways of conveying your dislike for certain rules/policies without outright breaking them and forcing the match referee's hand.

I still haven't seen what happened btw. Link anyone?

harsh.ag

So what? They're the ones getting to decide who plays. Rail against them all ya want but they're the ones who'll win.
It lies with both IMO.

The rule, or at least the interpretation or application of the rule, is dumb and needs to be changed. But he's been made aware of how they're going to treat it and he's carried on doing it anyway, which is a really dumb move from him.

I hate nothing more than seeing good players taken out of Tests due to this sort of ****, but some fault does lie with him for not adhering to the dumb rule of the sport he plays for money.
No, **** that. You don't just roll over like that. You really lose when you roll over. Get the authorities to treat actions independently, honestly, and without signalling.

And by "you" here, I mean the SA team and management.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
No, **** that. You don't just roll over like that. You really lose when you roll over. Get the authorities to treat actions independently, honestly, and without signalling.
From now on I'm going to protest against the moderators' policies by continuing to behave in the same manner I've been warned against, and expect them to respond by treating my actions independently, honestly and without signalling. If I cop a ban I'm going to be very disappointed.