• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

cnerd123

likes this
A batsman can never be too good for a bowler
Batsmen can be too good for bowlers. But the fact is you're very unlikely to win a Test without taking 20 wickets. Score all the runs you want, if you don't have a bowling attack you'll just be drawing games instead of winning them.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Geez Rabada has a real menace about him, love watching him go about his work. Super quick, swings both ways with new and old ball (better with the old ball), smart enough to use his bouncer very judiciously and does it all ****ing day. Absolute. Jet.

Give it to both ! :D
Actually kinda like this idea. Why not? They both deserve it. It'll be DeVilliers because he's a ****ing batsman but really.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Batsmen can be too good for bowlers. But the fact is you're very unlikely to win a Test without taking 20 wickets. Score all the runs you want, if you don't have a bowling attack you'll just be drawing games instead of winning them.
I think OS might just have been making a Richard joke there.

vcs

This just in from ICC's communications handle on Twitter: "Kagiso Rabada has been reported for a level 1 offence for the send-off given to David Warner during the third day of the Port Elizabeth Test. He has yet to respond to the charges. Details to follow in due course via the usual channels."
I didn't see much of a sendoff yesterday, TBH.

vcs

I thought he was being charged for the Smith "shoulder-barge" incident in the first innings.

Top_Cat

It was minor but in the context of his form for this sort of thing, not a great look.

In isolation, personally, well he's not acting like a thug or anything, even telling someone to **** off is at the lower end for me. But the big problem will be that, even if you think things are too rigid these days, he's been warned about sailing close to the wind a few times and has seemingly ignored it. So that chance that will cost him some change and the rest of the series means he's not just letting himself down but the team down. If it keeps costing him games, that costs the team even more and comes down to the question of what's more important to him, his ability to tell a bat a bat to **** off or play Test cricket.

That's the key point for mine too, not as if he's getting in trouble for being intimidating or abusive during play, I think he's got the right balance there. He's getting in trouble every time for post-wicket stuff. Just shut the **** up for the sake of your team.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I think Smith made too much of the shoulder thing. I think Rabada just held his line there. But, again, not a great look.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It was minor but in the context of his form for this sort of thing, not a great look.

In isolation, personally, well he's not acting like a thug or anything, even telling someone to **** off is at the lower end for me. But the big problem will be that, even if you think things are too rigid these days, he's been warned about sailing close to the wind a few times and has seemingly ignored it. So that chance that will cost him some change and the rest of the series means he's not just letting himself down but the team down. If it keeps costing him games, that costs the team even more and comes down to the question of what's more important to him, his ability to tell a bat a bat to **** off or play Test cricket.

That's the key point for mine too, not as if he's getting in trouble for being intimidating or abusive during play, he's getting in trouble every time for post-wicket stuff. Just shut the **** up for the sake of your team.
Nah I disagree.

He has not done anything. This is way too hoity-toity.

Take a look at the Smith "shoulder barge". It was nothing really from a reasonable pov. The Warner send off was literally nothing. This is just about signalling now and **** me if I will ever support banning a player for failure to signal virtue.

Top_Cat

Read my post again. Regardless of what you think of the penalties, he's costing himself games and has been warned. Even if you think it's all too soft, PC gone mad, etc. if he keeps this up, he's missing games and a significant chunk of his bank account. In the context of a series which will likely be 1-1 and headed to the wire, that's a player who a skipper has every right to give a rocket and I'm sure Faf is livid. Yeah he's a genius but as we saw when Steyn got injured last Aussie tour, a bunch of non-genius' can step up and beat a good team without them if necessary.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Read my post again. Regardless of what you think of the penalties, he's costing himself games and has been warned. Even if you think it's all too soft, PC gone mad, etc. if he keeps this up, he's missing games and a significant chunk of his bank account. In the context of a series which will likely be 1-1 and headed to the wire, that's a player who a skipper has every right to give a rocket and I'm sure Faf is livid.
Yeah, but the fault lies with the authorities, not with him is my point.

Top_Cat

So what? They're the ones getting to decide who plays. Rail against them all ya want but they're the ones who'll win.

Boris_Dog

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

That's the key point for mine too, not as if he's getting in trouble for being intimidating or abusive during play, I think he's got the right balance there. He's getting in trouble every time for post-wicket stuff. Just shut the **** up for the sake of your team.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I think Smith made too much of the shoulder thing. I think Rabada just held his line there. But, again, not a great look.
Points well made topcat.

It would be a shame if the icc snowflakes reatment of KG result in him loosing his spark. Jonny mac used to pick a fight with a linesman or umpire if he felt his intensity was down. It was his way of getting his adrenaline flowing.

KG brings eye balls to cricket something we are desperate for in growing the game in Africa. Would it not be better to hit him in the pocket instead of depriving us of seeing this world talent.