• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

loterry

Cricket Spectator
South Africa should finish this by the end of tommorow, if Paine and Mitch somehow survive the 1st session and build a lead of 150-200 then there’s a slight chance for Australia but looking unlikely

Bolo

State Captain
There's been a a fair bit of patchy bowling in the first session of every day, but in general both teams have been top class with the ball. I think AUS have been as good as the first test (watching an entire lineup reverse swing with accuracy for 40 overs isn't something you see every day), but SA have stepped up their game, with both ball and AB.

High class stuff- one of the best displays I've seen two teams put together

smash84

The Tiger King
SA need to keep Aus under 100 to stand a good chance of winning. This wicket will be very hard to bat last on, especially the way Aus have been bowling

Spark

Global Moderator
There's been a a fair bit of patchy bowling in the first session of every day, but in general both teams have been top class with the ball. I think AUS have been as good as the first test (watching an entire lineup reverse swing with accuracy for 40 overs isn't something you see every day), but SA have stepped up their game, with both ball and AB.

High class stuff- one of the best displays I've seen two teams put together
Yeah the standard of cricket in this series so far has been very, very high. Any period where a team has been slightly off, particularly with the bat, and the opposition has capitalised immediately.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great day for SA, but still a fair bit of work to do. Wouldn't want to be chasing more than 150.

Bolo

State Captain
Yeah the standard of cricket in this series so far has been very, very high. Any period where a team has been slightly off, particularly with the bat, and the opposition has capitalised immediately.
AUS were good in the first game as well, but RSA were mediocre with the the ball (by their own standards, which would be very good by the standards of any other team except AUS). Good bowling notwithstanding, they were very poor with the bat until it didn't matter. That game was a massacre, and no team should be able to beat a team with as high a ceiling as SA that badly unless SA are underperforming.

But ya, been a good combination of attritional cricket until one team slips up, and then destruction (usually with the ball)

Chrish

International Debutant
Didn’t care at all whether Steyn plays or not but Rabada’s absence will massively tilt the balance in Australia’s favor..

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I'd say we could possibly defend a total of 150 but we haven't been able to dismiss AB yet without running him out

Burgey

didn't see a ball over the weekend and sorry I missed ABdV's knock. Sounds brilliant. Anyone got a link to some extended highlights please?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SA have been too good with the bat this game so far.

Khawaja getting out just before stumps really hurts. With him set in the 80s/90s I would have said that the teams were roughly even given SA have to bat last. But with Khawaja gone Australia will have to fight to get the lead up past 150.

High quality cricket all round, particularly from the bowlers. Smith vs de Villiers seem like it's been the key battle and do far de Villiers is ahead in this series.

Still, 2.6 tests to go and Australia are 1-0 so we can't write anyone off yet.

Are we going to get to the end of the 4th test are lament the fact that this isn't a 5 test series?

TheJediBrah

Really shows how lucky Australia were to run AB out last game for a duck. If they didn't get that SA probably would have won the first Test.

Thanks Faf

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
SA have been too good with the bat this game so far.

Khawaja getting out just before stumps really hurts. With him set in the 80s/90s I would have said that the teams were roughly even given SA have to bat last. But with Khawaja gone Australia will have to fight to get the lead up past 150.

High quality cricket all round, particularly from the bowlers. Smith vs de Villiers seem like it's been the key battle and do far de Villiers is ahead in this series.

Still, 2.6 tests to go and Australia are 1-0 so we can't write anyone off yet.

Are we going to get to the end of the 4th test are lament the fact that this isn't a 5 test series?
Mitch Marsh really coming good at the right time though

Victor Ian

International Coach
FK! This is so much worse than my dream. In it, Mitch Marsh was on 188 and Khawaja was on 125 but had just got out. Was so pissed to find out I'm not a sooth when I checked scores for real.