• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** ICC World Cup Qualifiers 2018

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
After all this hype it's going to be Zimbabwe and WI qualifying isn't it. Lame.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
After all this hype it's going to be Zimbabwe and WI qualifying isn't it. Lame.
I'm not counting any chickens with another pathetic bowling performance, nearly allowing UAE to get 300.

Miller and Nurse got smashed around and the death bowling was useless. We keep selecting the same bowlers and expecting different results. If we somehow qualify we desperately need some bowlers who can bowl full and straight with changes of pace at the death.

Camo999

State 12th Man
A good win. Apologies ***** and Tim.

Hope Marlon can turn it around. Would love the chance to see some vintage knocks when it gets to the TV games.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Thanks for televising, you ****s.

But what kind of mouth-breathing fanatic wants to see the UAE, Scotland, Afghanistan or PNG playing on TV anyway? Sure wouldn't want to see this stuff at a World Cup.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
As much as I'm enjoying following this tournament, the fact that a minimum of two Test nations are going to miss out on the World Cup proper means that I'm inevitably going to be disappointed on some level by the tourney's end.

FFS, they got it right in 1996 & 1999 - 12 teams is the perfect amount! A 12-team round robin 2019 CWC would have been the stuff of dreams.

veganbob

U19 Captain
As much as I'm enjoying following this tournament, the fact that a minimum of two Test nations are going to miss out on the World Cup proper means that I'm inevitably going to be disappointed on some level by the tourney's end.

FFS, they got it right in 1996 & 1999 - 12 teams is the perfect amount! A 12-team round robin 2019 CWC would have been the stuff of dreams.
Nah Quater Finals are lame in cricket world cups. Makes the group stages almost pointless. Super 6's are ok I guess.

Ideal tournament would be 14 or 16 teams. 2 groups of 7 or 8 .
Then straight to semis.

Quaterfinals should not exist until we have 16 test playing nations imo.

veganbob

U19 Captain
Huge pressure on Afgans now, I really hope they can make it.
I'd enjoy seeing the windies miss out despite being a fanatic of their past fast bowlers.

Really don't want to see scotland or netherlands make it, not that big on Ireland either.

I'd love it to be Afganistan and Zimbabwe.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, the Super 6's wasn't a bad idea. Considering we now have more competitive cricket playing nations these days than ever, I don't think quarter finals would be all that bad. But quarter finals don't really reward a team for finishing on top in their group all that much.

A 12-team round robin which went straight into semi finals would be amazing. Like PEWS said, if a team such as the Windies don't qualify for the world cup, the ICC is going to have (more) egg on their face.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think this WC will end up delivering and you won't end up missing the minnows who miss out all that much

Love how only 4 of the 10 proceed to the second round it's about time less than half the field advanced

Agree with earlier post stating quarter finals make the group stage pointless

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Top 4 teams in the table go to playoffs.

1 plays 2

3 plays 4

Winner of 3 v 4 plays loser of 1 v 2

Finals

TimCutler

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
My power rankings are updated here: http://bit.ly/2D6s64a

To add to ICC's "firsts". That was the first ODI between test nations this century to not be streamed / broadcast - I don't need to point out how exciting it would've been, nor the context of it!

SeamUp

International Coach
92 World Cup was nice though.

10 teams at the main event could possibly make this event bigger.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
A couple of thoughts:

- I like the 1 v 2 loser gets a second chance format. I still dislike only 2 of these teams making the World Cup.
- I wish this tournament was in a cricket mad country just so I could see a URA God/Champ sign.
- Rashid Khan shouldnt be captaining
- If Afghanistan fail to qualify the flag wont be flying at half mast on this site.
- Zimbabwe isnt the best host country for a tournament like this

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
A 12-team round robin which went straight into semi finals would be amazing.
not really - there'd be too many dead rubbers...number 8 playing against number 11 kind of game when it's already decided neither of them can qualify for semi