• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
cricinfo says play will continue tomorrow. So, basically, much ado over nothing.

flibbertyjibber

Not like people on here weren't calling it out as a crap pitch early on in the game. If it is more dangerous tomorrow they will call it off. Just a shambles by SA to produce a pathetic track like this as whatever happens from here the pitch is only thing that will be discussed about this game.

Motorwada

Banned
lol, i am not going to waste my time showing how BCCI and Indian cricket act when things dont go their way, its available for all to see.
Yeah, the Indian players walked off during the Pune match right? Doctoring pitches is ok, Getting outplayed and losing on them is also ok but abandoning them when you are losing just shows weak character and lack of steel. Reason why SA are "bilateral" kings.

Heboric

International Debutant
Yeah, the Indian players walked off during the Pune match right? Doctoring pitches is ok, Getting outplayed and losing on them is also ok but abandoning them when you are losing just shows weak character and lack of steel. Reason why SA are "bilateral" kings.
Remember Sydney and the great Steve Bucknor, is he still on your Christmas Card list. Or that Test match that got turned into an exhibition game because someone dared to critcise Tendulkar. Keep up the good record in Australia and South Africa its fantastic

Motorwada

Banned
Remember Sydney and the great Steve Bucknor, is he still on your Christmas Card list. Or that Test match that got turned into an exhibition game because someone dared to critcise Tendulkar. Keep up the good record in Australia and South Africa its fantastic
Yeah Sydney is located in India right? As was the SRT test match and none of them involved pitches. To chicken out at HOME requires a special kind of cowardice. Yeah the Indian team and their performance here is fantastic - way more fantastic than getting creamed 0-3 and crying about the pitches and never even winning a session. The most doctored wicket ever and the "greatest bowling attack of all time" was getting creamed by Shami and Bhuvi. Even more fantastic will be when we make your golden generation cry again in 2019 like they did in 2015. Carry on bilateral kings.

Top Cat

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Regardless of Heboric's ridiculous statements about the BCCI...massive respect for India. Putting their bodies on the line and gutsing it out on a tough pitch after the series is already lost 2-0, they all deserve credit. Could easily have walked away in the first session today but they chose not to. That's what Kohli brings to this team...the desire to win.

Kirkut

International Regular
Oh please respect and Indian cricket have gone out the door a looong time ago. If the roles were reversed and golden boy Kohl got hit in the head, Ravi Shastri would be running on the field threatening a boycott
Kohli got hit on head quite a few times by MJ in Australia 2014, went on to score 4 test hundreds that series.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Let's not make the Indian team out to be some hard-done heroes here. I agree with Heboric, if the shoe was on the other foot, Shastri and Kohli would hardly have stayed quiet.

Chrish

International Debutant
Would loose all the respect for SA if they try to call it off tomorrow after whining about wickets in India in every single press conference..

Will be truly disgraceful.

Motorwada

Banned
Let's not make the Indian team out to be some hard-done heroes here. I agree with Heboric, if the shoe was on the other foot, Shastri and Kohli would hardly have stayed quiet.
Yeah but events dont exist in isolation. Faf whined about the 2015 pitches for 2 years (and the Delhi wicket was actually flat), doctored Pitches this series (couldnt in Centurion as the heat burned off the grass) the most extreme example being this one and now when they are losing they are throwing a hissy fit. Imagine if India didnt bat in the 4th innings of that Pune test.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Match situations have a lot to do with if and when teams crib. India is in the ascendancy right now, without risk of incurring physical injury, therefore they can afford to be brave. If they were losing and got any inkling of officials viewing the pitch as unsafe, you can bet your bottom dollar they'd be feigning hurt and making exaggerated movements too. It might seem overly cynical, and I'm sure someone will accuse me of self-hate, but it is only pragmatism the way the game is played today.

flibbertyjibber

Would loose all the respect for SA if they try to call it off tomorrow after whining about wickets in India in every single press conference..

Will be truly disgraceful.
They may not have a say if the umpires and match referee decide it is unsafe.

Motorwada

Banned
Match situations have a lot to do with if and when teams crib. India is in the ascendancy right now, without risk of incurring physical injury, therefore they can afford to be brave. If they were losing and got any inkling of officials viewing the pitch as unsafe, you can bet your bottom dollar they'd be feigning hurt and making exaggerated movements too. It might seem overly cynical, and I'm sure someone will accuse me of self-hate, but it is only pragmatism the way the game is played today.
Yes but this event doesn't exist in isolation and there has been a false narrative being peddled by SA fans and cricketers for their mediocrity in the 2015 tour. And now this narrative/revenge is backfiring on them they are trying to pull away. Things exist in context.

Burner

International Regular
India should take the draw and move on. It would be pretty worse for India when SA chase down this total with 6 wickets in hand or what's left of their hands.

Shri

Mr. Glass
If the roles were reversed and golden boy Kohl got hit in the head, Ravi Shastri would be running on the field threatening a boycott
Kohli is a moron but when has he ever complained about unfamiliar or difficult pitches away from home? Never. It is mostly something that Choke Africa does.

Bahseph

International Debutant
I always felt that there has been lingering resentment towards India because of that 2015 series from SA.

Yeah we shouldn't be rolling out turners for India but this is pitch has been terrible. No disrespect to the Indian pacers who have been brilliant but SA still has a stronger pace attack. A normal Wanderers pitch really should have been fine. I mean Rabada, Philander and Morkel should be backed to get the most out of any surface with a little help for the seamers. Just how Ashwin should be backed to bowl out teams on surfaces with a little help for the spinners. If SA lose, which is likely, hopefully this will make the think tank re-evaluate their approach. I personally hate pitches were one discipline rules over every other one.

Just a sidenote guys, two wrongs really don't make a right. Yeah the Wanderers has been poor but a couple of those pitches in India were as well. Can't defend any of them if you ask me. Complaints by players or not.