• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2017/18

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Were there dropped catches again? How long can he hide behind the "bowled well without luck" excuse? Having said that, defending 105 was always going to be a thankless task given the batsmen only have to play out his spell if he's bowling well and score runs off the rest.
Saved me saying it.

We did the exercise in another thread of crediting him 6 dropped Test catches, and IIRC he was still averaging something like 33.

vcs

Saved me saying it.

We did the exercise in another thread of crediting him 6 dropped Test catches, and IIRC he was still averaging something like 33.
Also, he was outbowled by Lakmal etc. recently in the UAE Test series. And in this series, all the Kiwi quicks have made merry.

TBF though, those guys got to bowl to the Pakistan batsmen, so maybe Amir really is unlucky in that sense. :ph34r:

vcs

There's probably been a fair few dropped off Shami, Umesh, Ashwin etc. also in recent times. Especially Ashwin. Would be interesting to see the stats for each bowler if someone has them.

Zinzan

Amir's has had 13 dropped catches in Tests since his comeback ftr. Not 6.
Yeah, so we credited him half of them. All decent bowlers have catches dropped off them, we weren't going to pretend none of them happened.

cnerd123

likes this
There's probably been a fair few dropped off Shami, Umesh, Ashwin etc. also in recent times. Especially Ashwin. Would be interesting to see the stats for each bowler if someone has them.
FCA but for bowlers. I'm on board for that.

Bahseph

International Debutant
I think it's time to just admit that Amir has definitely lost something since his return. Not to say he isn't international quality, just not what he once was.

smash84

The Tiger King
He definitely is not the same. The other problem with Pak is that there aren't many better options at the moment

vcs

is Junaid injured? Was pretty good in Australia and the Champions Trophy IIRC.

Daemon

I think it's time to just admit that Amir has definitely lost something since his return. Not to say he isn't international quality, just not what he once was.
I don't think people have been denying that. The general feeling was that he hasn't been crazy good, but good enough to not warrant being dropped.

Would be funny if they replaced Amir with Asif.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
One great tour of England aside, he was all potential without results before his ban as well.

Flem274*

123/5
didn't realise the game was 5 overs old already. the posting in the thread right now relfects the hype for this game

looks like pakistan have made a good start here