• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2017/18

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it a holiday in New Zealand tomorrow? Otherwise, why they playing on a Friday morning?
No, Monday is though for the first T20 (only in Wellington). Does seem weird given the majority of money is made from TV for ODIs and it's being played during the day on a non-public holiday when Saturday easily could've been used.

I'm picking it'll be rained off anyway.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
There's someone named kitchen? Nzers need to go to school and expand their vocabularies. Not even David Warner would do something so horrific to his children
Australians, not the smartest.

A) that's his last name
B) David Warner would call his kids Kitchen no trouble at all. Davey dumb dumb's batting average outshines his IQ. David Beckham named his kids after the city they were conceived in - I have no trouble believing David Warner would name his after the room he makes sandwiches in. This is a guy who once confessed his love for turtles on Twitter.

Athlai

Not Terrible
No, Monday is though for the first T20 (only in Wellington). Does seem weird given the majority of money is made from TV for ODIs and it's being played during the day on a non-public holiday when Saturday easily could've been used.

I'm picking it'll be rained off anyway.
Wellington isn't even forecast for rain today.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
This match was originally scheduled for Napier, under lights I assume. When Napier wasn’t up to scratch it got moved to the Basin, since the 20-20 is here on Monday, so it was easiest. Not sure why they couldn’t have moved it to Saturday, must be some logistical reason.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Cricinfo first said Rance was coming in for rested Boult, but now I see it's the invisible man Henry who is back. His last competitive match must've been weeks ago - sucks being perma 12th man.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
He's definitely starting to become NZ's forgotten man in many ways. Such a shame after his stellar start in ODIs. One wonders if being jerked around has affected him, as well as Jerkisgen altering his bowling. Will be interesting to see how he goes today after working with Mills.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
He's definitely starting to become NZ's forgotten man in many ways. Such a shame after his stellar start in ODIs. One wonders if being jerked around has affected him, as well as Jerkisgen altering his bowling. Will be interesting to see how he goes today after working with Mills.
Did he? In what way?

Yeah Mills could be pretty good for Henry as an opening ODI bowler.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Did he? In what way?

Yeah Mills could be pretty good for Henry as an opening ODI bowler.
IIRC he seemed less springy less few matches he's played, and his length seemed off. Or maybe I'm talking out my ass, but he seemed like he had undergone some changes.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
It's nice that NZ seems to have moved past the years when we had no idea of how to bat first and set a total. These two may be ticking things along a little slowly, but from the sounds of things the pitch is slow again and the spinners can tie the run rate down, so no panicking is required. Plus Munro's quick start has given these two some leeway with the run rate.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
200 after 40 overs is always a good test to see if you can score 10s and get 300. As we know, NZ's recent history of finishing innings would suggest it's unlikely.

If Guptill stays in then NZ will do that, though I'd be more interested in seeing if the rest are able. Latham shouldn't bat next, questionable whether we should go to Nicholls if wicket lost right now, or go straight to CDG.

Athlai

Not Terrible
200 after 40 overs is always a good test to see if you can score 10s and get 300. As we know, NZ's recent history of finishing innings would suggest it's unlikely.

If Guptill stays in then NZ will do that, though I'd be more interested in seeing if the rest are able. Latham shouldn't bat next, questionable whether we should go to Nicholls if wicket lost right now, or go straight to CDG.
I'd go Nicholls first, then CDG