• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 3rd Test at the WACA

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Every time Starc dives I think he's going to pop a shoulder or something. A tall, heavy object hitting the deck.

U19 12th Man
Not a single ball has turned, nothing has been happening, pitch is between medium and fast, true bounce.

If not for pace through the air I doubt they'd have gotten more than Cook out.

Spark

Global Moderator
We have bigger problems to be fair than looking at someone that fairly consistently gets those 70’s and 80’s. Yes he needs to convert but even so, he can’t do it all on his own every time.
It's still a huge problem because it leaves the team in tricky positions when he gets out.

Woodster

International Captain
It's still a huge problem because it leaves the team in tricky positions when he gets out.
It’s not a huge problem, it’s perhaps exacerbated by the fact he is probably the only one at the moment that can go on and get to three figures, hoping that changes this Test, but generally if someone’s consistently getting 70’s/80’s, it’s not the biggest issue in a side that struggle to get 250.

I know big hundreds win Test matches but it can’t all be on Root to try and do it every time.

Starfighter

Not a single ball has turned, nothing has been happening, pitch is between medium and fast, true bounce.

If not for pace through the air I doubt they'd have gotten more than Cook out.
Ironic that two of the dismissals have been due to pace off the wicket then. England don't have the pace to take advantage of course, although the pitch will likely be faster tomorrow.

Perhaps one needs to interpret things as they are, not as their fandom wishes.

Not at all. Not even close.
Good self assessment tbh.

Last edited:

fredfertang

Every time Starc dives I think he's going to pop a shoulder or something. A tall, heavy object hitting the deck.
England's biggest problem this series has been that the Australian attack has stayed fit ............. so far (he adds hopefully)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
That Stoneman decision is a disgrace, we should walk off the field and fly home with the urn.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Both Kohli and Root are very, very good

FFS

I feel like the great batsmen of this generation are being held up to some very unreasonable standards. Just a couple of failures and we get stuff like "X is overrated/should no longer be part of the Big 4" or whatever. Kohli got it in the neck earlier this year for just 3 bad Tests! And now Root's the scapegoat.
People always overreact on this forum, and in general, to a few performances. It’s not specific to cricket but with the statistical focus the sport has it adds another layer.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
It is as if you're not allowed a bad day at the office. Smith had a shocker in Bangladesh. Drop em!!

U19 12th Man
Ironic that two of the dismissals have been due to pace off the wicket then. England don't have the pace to take advantage of course, although the pitch will likely be faster tomorrow.

Perhaps one needs to interpret things as they are, not as their fandom wishes.
It's a pitch with reasonable pace, true bounce, no seam, no spin. ****ing road get it up you starlight

Starfighter

Pitch drying out but wouldn't expect anything too dramatic in terms of cracks especially with the mild to cool forecast.

Spark

Global Moderator
It's absolutely a road, but pitches in Australia shouldn't be judged on how they play when the ball is 64 overs old. This is where you cash in.

U19 12th Man
Be nice if we produced genuinely fast wickets in this country again. It's the best cricket to watch. Fast bowlers on fast decks ffs

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's absolutely a road, but pitches in Australia shouldn't be judged on how they play when the ball is 64 overs old. This is where you cash in.
Yeah, England absolutely need to post 400+ here, preferably 450.