• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at Adelaide

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cant help but feel there's a little skullduggery involved. DRS needs to be taken out of the hands of the host broadcaster / host associstion.
not sure if srs
This happens all the time though. Ben Hilfenhaus made a whole career out of bowling too short, beating the bat constantly without getting the edge, and commentators calling him unlucky.
Nah if you bowled fuller you'd get hit more from balls that didn't have as much time to deviate. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Cow

Banned
This is Tim Paine and Shaun Marsh we cant get out. Let that sink in.

Shades of when Argentina lost 5-0 to Bolivia

Spark

Global Moderator
not sure if srs

Nah if you bowled fuller you'd get hit more from balls that didn't have as much time to deviate. It just doesn't make any sense to me.
Yeah but if it doesn't deviate as much, then it moves only enough to hit the edge if the batsman plays the line, rather than sailing past.

Also, if you bowl it fuller, it's much more likely that the batsman will push out at the ball (which encourages edges) rather than defending off the back foot or from the crease.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah but if it doesn't deviate as much, then it moves only enough to hit the edge if the batsman plays the line, rather than sailing past.

Also, if you bowl it fuller, it's much more likely that the batsman will push out at the ball (which encourages edges) rather than defending off the back foot or from the crease.
Except when they've pitched up they've been able to smother the ball enough.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Clarke and Haddin putting on a big stand four years ago was one thing. I'm not sure how I'll react if Smarsh and Paine ton up here.

TheJediBrah

I really hope Paine goes on here, I feel like I was the only guy on here who supported his selection

TheJediBrah

Yes I understand exactly what you're saying but it just doesn't add up when you actually think about it. If being fuller means you sometimes get edges where you would have gotten play and misses, it also means that you would get well-hit shots where you would have got edges.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I expect Australia will score about 400 and get bowled out around 'dinner'. Starc will then destroy England's top order under lights

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This happens all the time though. Ben Hilfenhaus made a whole career out of bowling too short, beating the bat constantly without getting the edge, and commentators calling him unlucky.
He'd have taken 500 wickets if he was English.