• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at Adelaide

U19 12th Man
Too many excuses imo. This pitch has offered a ton to the bowlers and their two front liners have taken a wicket each in four sessions.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Too many excuses imo. This pitch has offered a ton to the bowlers and their two front liners have taken a wicket each in four sessions.
I wouldn't say it's offered a ton. The bowling hasn't been the best but it hasn't been that bad. Definitely a bat first wicket.

Spark

Global Moderator
I wouldn't say it's offered a ton. The bowling hasn't been the best but it hasn't been that bad. Definitely a bat first wicket.
Two frontliners taking one wicket each in four sessions isn't very good on all but the flattest pitches though

This is now playing like I expected it to play yesterday.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
When was the last time an Aussie keeper/number 7 made a 50? Was it Nevill in the first test vs RSA last summer? Feels like ages ago.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol wut

This has played like a minefield this morning, especially with the newey. The amount of seam movement off the pitch has been massive.

England have just been incredibly unlucky to not have taken 3 or 4 at least. Luck can really decide cricket matches and if this ends up a close match it could be the luck Australia have had this morning session that decides it. So many play and misses, edges not carrying, lbws just going over etc.

Spark

Global Moderator
lol wut

This has played like a minefield this morning, especially with the newey. The amount of seam movement off the pitch has been massive.

England have just been incredibly unlucky to not have taken 3 or 4 at least. Luck can really decide cricket matches and if this ends up a close match it could be the luck Australia have had this morning session that decides it. So many play and misses, edges not carrying, lbws just going over etc.
Less than 10% of the deliveries pitching in the full zone should suggest the source of this "luck"

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also this score of 270 is already a good first innings score in these conditions. If Aus get 350+ it'd be a huge advantage

Less than 10% of the deliveries pitching in the full zone should suggest the source of this "luck"
I don't buy that for a second. Yes England have bowled a bit too short, but Heals' theory that the reason there was more play and misses and less edges being a result of that is garbage.

Anyway I'm not saying England were perfect, they definitely squandered the helpful conditions somewhat, but they were still very unlucky regardless

Last edited:

Starfighter

I think we'd just have more runs down the ground there. As I said that length, when it has occurred, has not really been threatening.

Starfighter

Must say this run rate of 2.7 or so makes a big change from the stuff we've had over the last few seasons.

Cow

Banned
Cant help but feel there's a little skullduggery involved. DRS needs to be taken out of the hands of the host broadcaster / host associstion.

Spark

Global Moderator
Also this score of 270 is already a good first innings score in these conditions. If Aus get 350+ it'd be a huge advantage

I don't buy that for a second. Yes England have bowled a bit too short, but Heals' theory that the reason there was more play and misses and less edges being a result of that is garbage.

Anyway I'm not saying England were perfect, they definitely squandered the helpful conditions somewhat, but they were still very unlucky regardless
This happens all the time though. Ben Hilfenhaus made a whole career out of bowling too short, beating the bat constantly without getting the edge, and commentators calling him unlucky.