• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka and Pakistan in UAE 2017

YorksLanka

International Debutant
What a brilliant result for us?? Not often I can say that these days..also what an endorsement for keeping tests as five days rather than shortening to four..fantastic from Herath as usual..congrats to him on becoming the first left handed spinner to get to 400!!legend. Finally, bad luck to Pakistan who fought really well in this match..

Himannv

International Coach
Herath is such a clever bowler and he just thrives in these situations. This was a terrific last day and I'm amazed that we managed to win this.

SeamUp

International Coach
Wow ! Didn't see that coming. Still think Pakistan must back this top 6 but quality from Herath Mudiyanselage Rangana Keerthi Bandara Herath

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah absolutely no shame for Pak. Teams have done far worse when two stalwards have retired at the same time. I am sure they will come back strong in the next game. Won't be a surprise if they ask for a greener track for the D/N game and unleash Amir and co.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah.. Herath is a legend and 4th innings is his speciality. He has bowled out better sides. I thought Pak's performance in the first innings was extremely impressive given how big the influence of MisYou has been on their middle order for years now.

SeamUp

International Coach
Considering the lack of Misbah and Younus we have to cut some slack. Only one I'm not convinced about is Shan Masood.

They need to stick with Aslam and Haris.

Obviously Babar is growing into more of a senior and can be considered a disappointment in this test. Shafiq and Azhar have plenty credit but would be nice for Shafiq to REALLY show he is a senior now.

Bahseph

International Debutant
Yeah Younis and Misbah are huge losses to the side and to the game in general but there's more than enough talent in this Pakistan batting line up. It's just probably going to be a tough little period for them going forward

Niall

International Coach
well played SL. Not too bad from pakistan given that they are rebuilding after misbah/younis
You have been watching Sri Lanka recently? They are not a good side whatsoever no matter the format, this is a shambolic loss ultimately.

Shan getting picked because of his father is shambolic especially when you remember that Alam is banished unfairly from selection.

Unsure about Azam in this format, his four day record is mediocre and hasn't really set the world alight bar his knock in NZ since selection. I'd persist with him for this series and reassess.

smash84

The Tiger King
You have been watching Sri Lanka recently? They are not a good side whatsoever no matter the format, this is a shambolic loss ultimately.

Shan getting picked because of his father is shambolic especially when you remember that Alam is banished unfairly from selection.

Unsure about Azam in this format, his four day record is mediocre and hasn't really set the world alight bar his knock in NZ since selection. I'd persist with him for this series and reassess.
It was a very difficult wicket to bat on after from the 4th day onwards. And especially with a rampaging herath

Shady Slim

International Coach
R A N G A N A - H E R A T H - T H E - G O A T - L E F T - A R M - S P I N N E R
z

Last edited: