• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So a few showers today and tomorrow looking at forecast. Never sure how accurate they are though. Would imagine they will be looking for 450 lead and declare before tea to have a quick blast at them either side of it.

flibbertyjibber

If they don't lose time I would think a 3.15 declaration will be ideal and we could even have closer to 500 lead by then given how many shot makers we have to come.

That ball by Rabada that was going down in opening over moved loads so it shows there is always something there for the bowler.

91Jmay

International Coach
Am I being stupid or is there no way to go straight to the latest commentary on cricinfo?

Do you have to scroll down?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yep and that's why my 20k odd posts have been so appalling.

Anyway, an interesting thing about double-barreled names, in the younger working-class generation they've become quite popular with all the broken relationships, and parents just not being married. Exeter City have Archibald-Henville, Moore-Taylor, the wonderfully named Jacob Jagger-Cane, Riley-Lowe all playing for us recently, and I don't think it's because they're from the home counties.
The other thing is couples combining surnames when they do marry. I remember asking one couple whether their kids would be taking on triple or even quadruple barrel surnames when they eventually got hitched. I don't recall their reply though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Has Jennings done enough for another go?

I saw Cricket Writers on TV before play and Nasser and Walt were both of the opinion that it's not his technique as such, rather a lack of form.

That's as maybe, but it's an odd argument to put forward as a reason to keep a young lad in a test XI. Time was a lack of form was the very thing that caused a spell on the bench.

flibbertyjibber

He will stay in as we have no other option bar Stoneman at present. Might not get the West Indies series though if he fails at Old Trafford.

Also unless they are bringing Ballance back for Malan if fit they would have 3 of the top 5 with 1 appearance or on debut so will stick with Jennings.

Last edited:

Daemon

Was watching highlights from '09 the other day. Didn't realise we've nearly had a decade of Warne in the commentary box. Was he always this bad?

flibbertyjibber

Was watching highlights from '09 the other day. Didn't realise we've nearly had a decade of Warne in the commentary box. Was he always this bad?
He was refreshing back then as he was different. The trouble is he is to commentary like Monty Panesar was playing, it is his first test every time so he just does the same thing over and over and it gets boring.