• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
On such an important morning for England's new Captain, how cool is it that Joe Root found the time to email me personally (no one else.......just me).......

Dear Adam

I wanted to take the opportunity to send a short message to you ahead of today’s Test match. It’s obviously very special that I will lead the boys out at Lord’s in my first match as captain. I have some great memories here so hopefully this can be another one.

It feels like forever since I was appointed all those months ago at Headingley and I’m really looking forward to getting out there now.

I’ve had plenty of time to prepare but at the same time I want to be natural out there, think on my feet and be myself.

I want the lads to enjoy their cricket, to relish the opportunity of being out there playing for England, and to make the most of it.

We are under so much pressure all the time, so it’s important to keep that fun side to it.

I’ve taken advice from a few guys who have been in the position before and I feel very fortunate to have experienced players in the England dressing room who have done great things in an England shirt.

My predecessor Alastair Cook is a role model for the other guys with the way he trains and the phenomenal amount of runs he’s scored over the years. He’s a great example and it’s important for me to have someone like that who I can turn to.

The decision-making is something I’m not used to and picking the squad for this Test with the rest of the selectors was very insightful. I’m very excited by the squad we’ve picked and we will be looking to get off to a strong start today.

I hope you enjoy how we go about business. We’re going to try and have some fun, enjoy our cricket and be positive in the way we play.

On another note, the lads and I have been keeping up to date with the women’s team in the world cup and the girls have been fantastic in their last few matches. They set the tone with their win over South Africa yesterday and we hope we can do the same over the next few days.

Thank you for your support!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Handwriting analysts will tell you there's a lot of mummy issues in that signature.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
My Prediction: 2-1 to England with 1 game to be drawn.
Root will score a lot of runs.
Amla will get 1 hundred
Elgar will struggle
Cook to get 2 hundreds
Rabada will bowl a lot of overs.
South Africa will miss Steyn
QDK will have a sledewar with Stokes while batting

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My Prediction: 2-1 to England with 1 game to be drawn.
Root will score a lot of runs.
Amla will get 1 hundred
Elgar will struggle
Cook to get 2 hundreds
Rabada will bowl a lot of overs.
South Africa will miss Steyn
QDK will have a sledewar with Stokes while batting

harsh.ag

Such a wickedly fragile middle order for SA that a 4th innings collapse seems inevitable.

StephenZA

These no balls are a worry... lots bowled during the warm-up matches. Hoped they would get it out of their system by now.