• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well we got nothing like what we should have. Early wickets vital here so the Curran one a good start. That Hendricks has had a good series.

91Jmay

International Coach
From the little I saw there were two dropped sitters?

Loved how clueless SA looked after Malan just kept walking across and peppered the legside.

Gotta feel for Livingstone, horrid debut series so far. What's he been picked on?
Smashed SA A and has been great in FC cricket. So they are doing that stupid thing of blooding him in white ball stuff.

Ye SA fielded really badly.

91Jmay

International Coach
It's not the total we may have been hoping for when Malan & Hales were going well, but tbh unless one of them had actually stayed in right until the end, which was always going to be highly unlikely, with the batting line-up we had today, I don't think this is too far off any realistic expectations.

Also, Cricinfo seem to be granting Livingstone anonymity, for which he may well be grateful

View attachment 23516
Yeah, if you don't pick Root, Morgan, Roy and Stokes your batting line up is going to look pretty thin.

Good job they sent Morris in ahead of De Villiers.

Bijed

International Regular
Could be a mistake getting Smuts out, he was batting poorly.
Sort of agree, but my mind goes instantly back to Steve Smith in the IPL where everyone was having a go at him for going at a run a ball for a while or something, then he accelerated like crazy and won the game.

OTOH, he later repeated this, apart from the accelerating part and hence lost the game.

91Jmay

International Coach
Superb from Crane. Mashed for two big sixes, still throws up a googly to get AB. Plenty to like about him.

91Jmay

International Coach
Crane's figures don't look amazing but some seriously impressive bowling. Got AB holding his nerve and Behardien had no clue what so ever there. Refreshing to see spinner use flight + spin in a T20.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Behardien 3(8)

Even when he's good (like in the match-losing partnership with AB a couple of matches back), he isn't really good. Baffles me how he continues to get in the team.