• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bowlers in flair XI should be those who give away lots of runs but take a lot of wickets as well, i.e. high ER and low SR, plus a certain something about their bowling and style. Bowlers in block XI should be those with low ER and defensive field settings.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Wait. None of you ****s respond to any of my XIs that has some thought put into it. Sure, feel free to get interested right when I **** it up.:laugh:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Flair XI

Virender Sehwag
Barry Richards
Brian Lara
Sachin Tendulkar
Kevin Pietersen
Andrew Flintoff
Adam Gilchrist
Shane Warne

Malcolm Marshall
Dale Steyn
Saqlain Mushtaq

Blocky McBlockface XI

Sunil Gavaskar
Alastair Cook
Rahul Dravid
Jacques Kallis
Steve Waugh
Andy Flower
Dan Vettori
Chaminda Vaas
Shaun Pollock
Anil Kumble
Glenn McGrath

Howe_zat

Audio File
true, I guess Shri tried to make it about modern cricket which is why i didn't include the 1950s and 60s players that joyfully emptied stadiums

Shri

Mr. Glass
Anyway, I edited it a few hours ago and picked a few that Howe did:

Virender Sehwag
Matthew Hayden
Brian Lara
Sachin Tendulkar
Kevin Pietersen
AB de Villiers
MS Dhoni
Shakib al Hasan
Shane Warne
Malcolm Marshall
Dale Steyn

Blocky McBlockface XI

Sunil Gavaskar
Alastair Cook
Rahul Dravid
Jacques Kallis
Steve Waugh
Andy Flower
Thilan Samaraweera
Chaminda Vaas
Anil Kumble
Curtly Ambrose
Glenn McGrath

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
You lot are a bit rough picking Steve Waugh as a blocker aren't you? He may not be the most flair type player but I also think he's got some other gears

Gob

International Coach
T20 side from players who have never played competitive T20 cricket

Barry Richards
Garry Sobers
Vivian Richards
Greame Pollock
Aravinda De Silva
Keith Miller
Ian Botham
Kapil Dev
Rod Marsh
Malcom Marshall
Clarrie Grimmett

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
T20 side from players who have never played competitive T20 cricket

Barry Richards
Garry Sobers
Vivian Richards
Greame Pollock
Aravinda De Silva
Keith Miller
Ian Botham
Kapil Dev
Rod Marsh
Malcom Marshall
Clarrie Grimmett
You've got no wicketkeeper, Gob

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Gavaskar wasn't a blocker. He was almost the perfect opening batsman in his day and could defend or attack, albeit in an orthodox manner, depending on the situation. He gets harshly judged for his slightly curious innings in the 1975 World Cup.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Exactly. Gavaskar was pretty much Tendulkar Mk 1. Had all the shots and poise.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gavaskar wasn't a blocker. He was almost the perfect opening batsman in his day and could defend or attack, albeit in an orthodox manner, depending on the situation. He gets harshly judged for his slightly curious innings in the 1975 World Cup.
He fully deserves all the stick he continues to get for that - a display of more breathtaking selfishness there has never been - not even Boycs got close