• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best team in world cricket right now

the best

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also were very competitive in Australia.

Oh but it doesn't count because it was on roads. Like they have in India, except when Ashwin/Jadeja bowl on them. :D
No they weren't. They came close to winning the Adelaide Test because Australia declared twice and they still lost 20 wickets for less runs than Australia lost 12 wickets.

The "roads" were the only reason they didn't lose comfortably 4-0.

I'm trying to respect your viewpoint but you keep posting more and more crap

OverratedSanity

TJB isn't wrong to say that India need to do better overseas. That's a fair point if view to have.

However, I don't think India's wins in SL and WI can be waved away as though they mean nothing when Australia got spanked in SL and England couldn't win in WI. They absolutely count as meaningful overseas wins afaic.

vcs

You say "a wicket with pace and bounce" as if it somehow definitively means they are foreign conditions. It was still an Indian wicket that turned. Just because it had more pace and bounce than the rest of the wickets in the series means nothing.

You're really grasping at straws. I don't fault you for trying to convince yourself but some of you guys are clearly being blinded by patriotism.
So that means India were also very competitive on their last trip to Australia, foreign conditions and all. And SA beat you lot fair and square. Don't complain about how only Australia makes it easy for touring sides.

vcs

TJB isn't wrong to say that India need to do better overseas. That's a fair point if view to have.

However, I don't think India's wins in SL and WI can be waved away as though they mean nothing when Australia got spanked in SL and England couldn't win in WI. They absolutely count as meaningful overseas wins afaic.
It's the hypocrisy that gets me. :D

Look at the above post.

vcs

No they weren't. They came close to winning the Adelaide Test because Australia declared twice and they still lost 20 wickets for less runs than Australia lost 12 wickets.

The "roads" were the only reason they didn't lose comfortably 4-0.

I'm trying to respect your viewpoint but you keep posting more and more crap
So the only reason India were competitive was because Australia were friendly enough to dish out roads, but when India beat them on a pace friendly Dharamshala wicket, it's still "just an Indian pitch with a little pace and bounce".

Take a look at your posting on the last page and a half, it's complete ****e.

TheJediBrah

Not as meaningful as England, Aus, SA or even NZ would be. India playing "away" in SL is not the same as Australia playing "away" in SL, for obvious reasons.

Also I know I'm Australian but consistently bringing up Australia's performances as if they are supremely relevant to the discussion is erroneous. Did I say anywhere that I thought Australia were the best? (Not you OS, mostly other posters ITT)

So that means India were also very competitive on their last trip to Australia, foreign conditions and all.
again, no

And SA beat you lot fair and square.
completely irrelevant

Don't complain about how only Australia makes it easy for touring sides.
also completely irrelevant

What are you trying to achieve?

vcs

Ripping your "argument" to pieces and pointing out your double standards, have a nice day :)

TheJediBrah

So the only reason India were competitive was because Australia were friendly enough to dish out roads, but when India beat them on a pace friendly Dharamshala wicket, it's still "just an Indian pitch with a little pace and bounce".

Take a look at your posting on the last page and a half, it's complete ****e.
You are making absolutely no sense. You're not listening to anything I'm saying, despite it being explained very clearly because you seem to obsessed with your preconceived notions of where you think this discussion is going and what you think I'm saying.

Pay closer attention before getting all up in arms about something I'm not even saying

Shri

Mr. Glass
Do you think India would be as competitive in Australia or South Africa? or England? Even on normal non-Asian wickets I doubt they'd be anywhere near as competitive let alone in a series with wickets prepared specifically to suit the home team.

India are so reliant on favourable conditions, that at a time when they've literally played like their last 4 series at home, you can't definitively say they are number 1.

And then we can argue all day about the difference between "number 1 ranked team", which they may deserve based purely on results, and "currently the best team", which is a completely different thing.
They just owned your ass in a bouncy track ffs.

TheJediBrah

They just owned your ass in a bouncy track ffs.
>

You say "a wicket with pace and bounce" as if it somehow definitively means they are foreign conditions. It was still an Indian wicket that turned. Just because it had more pace and bounce than the rest of the wickets in the series means nothing.
I look forward to see them performing in genuinely foreign conditions, not an Indian wicket that has a little bit more pace and bounce than most Indian wickets.

Having India as the best side in the world would be great for cricket, given how important cricket is to India. It would make a lot more people happy then if England, Australia or South Africa were no.1, where the vast majority of the populace either doesn't even know what cricket is or actively hates it.

I genuinely want to see them do well

Shri

Mr. Glass
>

I look forward to see them performing in genuinely foreign conditions, not an Indian wicket that has a little bit more pace and bounce than most Indian wickets.

Having India as the best side in the world would be great for cricket, given how important cricket is to India. It would make a lot more people happy then if England, Australia or South Africa were no.1, where the vast majority of the populace either doesn't even know what cricket is or actively hates it.

I genuinely want to see them do well
Whine when you get more than waist high bounce, whine when you don't. You can't be pleased. Maybe your team just sucks donkey balls if it ain't a road?

Last edited:

Zinzan

It also needs to be said that India get the easiest run at home of the top sides considering the next best side in SC conditions hasn't even toured there for god knows how long, & I can't remember last time India went to the UAE.

Meanwhile Australia, South Africa & England (the other big sides), all get one another who are all well suited to playing in each-others countries of late.

India are well suited to playing in the SC and the Windies (of late). but they're all crap sides atm.

TheJediBrah

It also needs to be said that India get the easiest run at home of the top sides considering the next best side in SC conditions hasn't even toured there for god knows how long, & I can't remember last time India went to the UAE.

Meanwhile Australia, South Africa & England (the other big sides), all get one another who are all well suited to playing in each-others countries of late.

India are well suited to playing in the SC and the Windies (of late). but they're all crap sides atm.
That's something I hadn't really thought about. Other than Pakistan, which India don't really play, the rest of the SC sides and WI are all terrible. The only challenging series' India are likely to play are away in Aus, Eng, SA and maybe NZ. Things are set up pretty well for them.

Slifer

International Captain
haha SA are a bit better than SL IMO

keep trying though
Tbh Australia winning in RSA isn't all that impressive, as a matter of fact Australia hasn't lost in RSA since readmission. India winning in SL is probably equivalent.

However last time India were in RSA they competed where as Oz got hammered last time in SL.