• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Worst thing about India winning is having to listen to another pig headed pressy from Kohli. Cant buy a run unless its a road, did bugger all in either test but can talk ofcourse. Worst bloke ever

Hmmmmmmmmm... The salty whines are the best.. Esp. when every word is a lie too. :laugh:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ashwin: "I told Matt Renshaw when he was batting in the first innings that if they didn't score big, I'll have them for soup and dessert. I was very happy it happened."

The brain needs to work on his sledging game imo. That was right out of a high school playground.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ashwin: "I told Matt Renshaw when he was batting in the first innings that if they didn't score big, I'll have them for soup and dessert. I was very happy it happened."

The brain needs to work on his sledging game imo. That was right out of a high school playground.
Ridiculously weak :laugh:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sledging is rarely ever better than what you'd hear at the high school playground. Most of these guys aren't exactly Oscar Wilde when it comes to the creative use of language, you know what I mean? I think you have to be satisfied if the sledge makes some semblance of grammatical sense. And if the sledge is completed without the use of a four letter word, that's deserving of a nice sticker for good behavior and probably worthy of a much needed few days of rest, the brain probably sore from uncharacteristiy being used having to come up with an insult that doesn't involve someone ****ing something/someone else.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sledging is rarely ever better than what you'd hear at the high school playground. Most of these guys aren't exactly Oscar Wilde when it comes to the creative use of language, you know what I mean? I think you have to be satisfied if the sledge makes some semblance of grammatical sense.
Yeah, but how hard is it to say "I will have you with some fava beans and a nice Chianti"?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Jarrod Kimber does the game justice. What a cricket writer!

Jarrod Kimber: The epic twists of an epic Test | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

"Take the Kohli lbw from the second innings. You know, the one we lost several years of our lives watching. Did he hit the ball before it hit his pad? Maybe, maybe not, back and forth, over and over, again and again. He has hit the ball. No he hasn't. What was I seeing? Was there a small spike first? Were my ears working? What did I hear? Can I trust what I saw? Did the pad move before the bat or because of the bat? What is bat? What is pad? I want a lie down."

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sledging is rarely ever better than what you'd hear at the high school playground. Most of these guys aren't exactly Oscar Wilde when it comes to the creative use of language, you know what I mean? I think you have to be satisfied if the sledge makes some semblance of grammatical sense. And if the sledge is completed without the use of a four letter word, that's deserving of a nice sticker for good behavior and probably worthy of a much needed few days of rest, the brain probably sore from uncharacteristiy being used, having to come up with an insult that doesn't involve someone ****ing something/someone else.
I expect a superior level from the Brain though

Arachnodouche

International Captain
^^Really? Bit of a one-trick pony if you ask me, constantly flash-jumping from one passage to another. Maybe that's the format of his column, but I doubt I've seen him write a normal piece anywhere.

EDIT: In reference to Kimber...

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This was not one of Jarrod's best but there are some which were outstanding. There was one not long ago on Jesse Ryder and I thought it was some of the best cricket writing I have ever read. His style is so good that every person in crap info is copying it, and failing spectacularly.