• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
so another Maxwell? :p

TBH, I am surprised they have not called up Henriques. Not only did he do well last time, but he has also had multiple good performances across seasons in the IPL and is well used to this environment. I really think this is a Chappell selection based on "lets get someone the opposition think we will never pick".

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stoinis just replacing MMarsh in the squad, right? Maxwell in the first XI surely? Or Khawaja maybe.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Like the way Australia is handling the situation. Easy to get riled up and lose focus on the real job at hand but does not seem like so upto now.

harsh.ag

Stoinis has been chosen because of the Australia A tour to India in 2015. On that tour, he averaged 48 with the bat and claimed 3 wickets in two matches.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ah that makes sense.

But not really. Most people were expecting Henriques I'm assuming?
Yeah, I was definitely expecting Henriques, with Cartwright an outside chance. I didn't even consider the possibility of Stoinis getting picked before I saw him listed as an option in the Marsh injury article, and even then I pretty much dismissed it off hand.

anil1405

International Captain
Do they look like they are planned? On the contrary, they appear with the same planning as vomit.

Regarding Kholi, why is he necessarily lying. Why can't he mean the whole Indian innings when he refers to 'batting'. I know back in the day, when playing, I'd tell my mum, 'I'm batting today', even when that really meant I'm sitting on the boundary listening for the ice cream truck for most of the day.
You are free to abuse Kohli but please stop the "Kholi" disease from spreading on CW.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I was definitely expecting Henriques, with Cartwright an outside chance. I didn't even consider the possibility of Stoinis getting picked before I saw him listed as an option in the Marsh injury article, and even then I pretty much dismissed it off hand.
same. i'm actually ok with Henriques not being picked, given he's only just got back on track fitness wise, but we've gone MMarsh to Cartwright to MMarsh to Stoinis with barely a logical reason to be found

Spark

Global Moderator
Nah, he definitely meant it in the sense that when he himself was batting. He said he saw it happening twice while he was batting.

It doesn't necessarily have to be untrue just because there weren't any reviews made during his stay at the crease. There could have been two close calls for which dressing room advice was sought and then a decision was made against the review.
Yeah but unless I've missed something, there were no close calls during that time. At least not of an appealing nature, though a few balls almost went to hand.

Like I don't want to say he just made it up. But I genuinely have no idea what he's referring to.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stoinis? Poor enriques.

Wonder what it feels like to not be picked, loving someone that's in a rush to throw you away. To be the last one, to know the lock on the door has changed.

social

It's weird. One second you have me admiring you for the fact that your business partner and you are pitching presentations to heads of states, and the next second you do something like this.
This is how my business works

My partner is by far the smartest guy I know, a good friend with a big software development company

I simply said to him that this is my idea and asked him whether he would like to be involved.

He said "cool" so I bankrolled it and opened my Rolodex when it got to a certain stage

Rest is history and I live on the beach whilst he travels the world