• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stop it mate

The guy is the most hated cricketer in the world outside India and for very good reason

I have it on very good authority that this series may well explode and it is all down to his actions - hint: look at his back-room staff

He is an absolute tool and now a proven liar
It's weird. One second you have me admiring you for the fact that your business partner and you are pitching presentations to heads of states, and the next second you do something like this.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I just hope next game, for every anything, Smith trolls Kholi and looks to the dressing rooms.

Anyways, getting back to reality, is Australia already going home with it's head up high. One slaughter and a competitive loss is already one slaughter and a competitive loss more than anyone was hoping for at the start.

It maybe true, but if your team does not look at this as a golden opportunity lost, something will be very very wrong with them. There was interview of Sourav and John Wright after the 2003/04 BG trophy in Australia with Gavaskar, Shastri and Harsha Bhogle and I remember how pissed off Sourav was at the umpiring at Sydney and how disappointed he was that they did not win the series. You never know, Smith may never get this close to success in the SC again as a captain, and maybe even as a batsman.

Victor Ian

International Coach
omfg Pujara sledged Warner :laugh:
Dude! That is not sledging. That is almost making love. Come to Australia and see what real sledging is all about. Indians this century have no idea what sledging is because their previous generation culled it with their crying persecution complex, and then to backup how spineless they are on the sledge, did not fess up and take it on the chin the one time they did a really good sledge when the Weed was involved.

Sledging 101. You do not decide prior to the event that you will 'give some back'. Sledging is really just uncouth banter. You don't plan banter.

social

Yes, through all your posts, in fact. :p
Kohli stated after the Test's conclusion that he had seen the Australians look towards their viewing area twice earlier in the match when he was batting, and had advised both on-field umpires to watch out for it.

There were no reviews when he was batting :laugh:

He made the whole thing up :laugh::laugh:

He wasn't out there long enough for a review to be made :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

Hennybogan

U19 12th Man
To the guy who says I'm obsessed with the evidence and Kohli's claims. You are correct, I can sniff that smoking gun all the way from India. I would like to see it all come out 89 balls in total. I want to see his fat mouth explain it all.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tbf with Stoinis he nearly won a match off his own bat in a format that he sucks in.

Still a slap on the face for form though.

Victor Ian

International Coach
It maybe true, but if your team does not look at this as a golden opportunity lost, something will be very very wrong with them. There was interview of Sourav and John Wright after the 2003/04 BG trophy in Australia with Gavaskar, Shastri and Harsha Bhogle and I remember how pissed off Sourav was at the umpiring at Sydney and how disappointed he was that they did not win the series. You never know, Smith may never get this close to success in the SC again as a captain, and maybe even as a batsman.
It's definitely an opportunity lost. Nevertheless, so far, it is competitive. There is much to take away when you lose with dignity. Head is still held high, yet without conceit.

BigCaine

School Boy/Girl Captain
Kohli stated after the Test's conclusion that he had seen the Australians look towards their viewing area twice earlier in the match when he was batting, and had advised both on-field umpires to watch out for it.

There were no reviews when he was batting :laugh:

He made the whole thing up :laugh::laugh:

He wasn't out there long enough for a review to be made :laugh::laugh::laugh:
The actual allegation was that smith and co look to dressing room for confirmation before reviewing, and there were close calls that could have been reviewed when kohli was batting but weren't, so there is no proof that he was making things up.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It's definitely an opportunity lost. Nevertheless, so far, it is competitive. There is much to take away when you lose with dignity. Head is still held high, yet without conceit.

Lol.. conceit part is always debateable in Ind-Aus series.. but look, when the opposition does not turn up, you always gotta back yourselves to sneak a game and then go on to win the series. Its what I felt about India when they were in Aus in 2003/04, when it was obvious the Aussies took our side lightly and it is the same now when it is obvious Ind did not take Australia THAT seriously, even though I will stop short of saying they took them lightly.

Victor Ian

International Coach
VicIan, do you plan your posts? :)
Do they look like they are planned? On the contrary, they appear with the same planning as vomit.

Regarding Kholi, why is he necessarily lying. Why can't he mean the whole Indian innings when he refers to 'batting'. I know back in the day, when playing, I'd tell my mum, 'I'm batting today', even when that really meant I'm sitting on the boundary listening for the ice cream truck for most of the day.

harsh.ag

Do they look like they are planned? On the contrary, they appear with the same planning as vomit.

Regarding Kholi, why is he necessarily lying. Why can't he mean the whole Indian innings when he refers to 'batting'. I know back in the day, when playing, I'd tell my mum, 'I'm batting today', even when that really meant I'm sitting on the boundary listening for the ice cream truck for most of the day.
Nah, he definitely meant it in the sense that when he himself was batting. He said he saw it happening twice while he was batting.

It doesn't necessarily have to be untrue just because there weren't any reviews made during his stay at the crease. There could have been two close calls for which dressing room advice was sought and then a decision was made against the review.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Stoinis is good, he got big bucks in the IPL. CA wants to ensure he gets a good deal this time too. What is wrong in looking out for your employees or "contractors"? :p

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Man, if there's a bloke with lead filled shoes against spin in this country...His only run scoring shots against spin are big shots for boundaries.