• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Shri

Mr. Glass
Australia are in with a very good chance of winning the next test. It seems India do not have the belief to win with skill and are preparing pitches that are coin tosses. So Australia 50/50 to go up 2-1. I like these pitches as they are a new kind of exciting, but I'd be curious to see how Australia would have done on regular Indian pitches. I think India got scared when they heard Australia had prepared, which they could never have done had they played a tour match in India with it's reverse doctoring.

In other conspiracy news, India are preparing these pitches because they can not handle the premier batsman in the world showing up their fancy haircut beard show pony captain by having an average over 60. Shameless.
The next pitch will be a normal pitch, but Aus will play for the spin anyway regardless and collapse at least once.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
So, Crockinfo has made speculations* that they're considering bringing over another all-rounder to replace MMarsh.

If this actually turns out to be the case, I'd ask, why? Have the selectors considered whether another allrounder is actually necessary. After all, MMarsh only bowled three overs in two matches.

*No, I do not know how well-founded these are.

Hennybogan

U19 12th Man
Still waiting for the evidence of the Australians asking for dressing room assistance on two occasions whilst Kohli was batting. Big accusation by Kohli and if unproven, grounds for a slander lawsuit I'd imagine. Considering there was only 1 half appeal during that time frame I'm going on record as calling him an outright liar.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still waiting for the evidence of the Australians asking for dressing room assistance on two occasions whilst Kohli was batting. Big accusation by Kohli and if unproven, grounds for a slander lawsuit I'd imagine. Considering there was only 1 half appeal during that time frame I'm going on record as calling him an outright liar.
You seemed a bit obsessed with this. I'd relax, everyone knows there's no evidence and that Kohli was talking ****.

Don't expect some huge investigation and "lawsuit" though. Best just to forget about it and move on.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll like that for OC, but really do we need to drag Watto's name through this mud?

Son Of Coco

Cool, that's your opinion. I feel like I'd have plenty in my corner on the fact Smith is (including your countrymen).

One day an Australian captain will be appointed who realises you don't have to be a **** head to be competitive, and it'll create a sea change in not only the way his side plays but how the culture of cricket is formed in that country. And yes, I feel very well qualified to say so as someone who lived, played and coached there.
You must be watching a different Steve Smith.

Son Of Coco

It's not doctored if both sides have to bat on the same pitch. Australia played better in the first Test in those conditions, so they won. Simple as that.

Secondly, as for Kohli complaining, you say it makes it worse to complain when you've won? Isn't it the other way around cause if India has lost and he said this, he'd have been labeled a sore loser.
Yes it is. Whether a pitch has been doctored or not has nothing to do with each team having to bat on it.

Son Of Coco

Now that Warner seems to have grown up, the current Australian team is one of the most mild mannered in living history and one of the best behaved test sides in the world.

Compare them to India

They have led the world in sledging for years (I'm sure Burgey would be delighted to dig up the video of Kumble harassing Yousuf) with even Ishant Sharma dishing it out

Ishant ****ing Sharma!
Sharma only dishes it out when the ball's rolling along the ground though. On a normal pitch he's basically invisible.

social

***** has successfully managed to market the Hong Kong T20 league to be a better product than the SL-Bang test.
A few weeks ago, the coach of my son's under 11s side suggested that I join their side and play in this tourney as it was going to be "massive."

I laughed it off

Little did I know that ***** Inc. was going to be the promoter

I'd be huge baby