• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree with all of this. The issue for me isn't that the pitch was too hard for bat on, it's that it was clearly prepared with the intention to give one team an advantage.
You and I have been here before and it's never pretty, so let's just agree to disagree.

The only thing I will say in response though.......I don't think that wicket did give India an advantage. If anything it works against them as it reduces the gap between their better quality spinners to Australia's.

Hennybogan

U19 12th Man
Why was Smithy desperate to stay? Why ask Handscomb? Simple, he knew Mitchell Marsh was next in and he's a walking wicket and Wade isn't much better. I will give Wade credit that his keeping has improved but 6/7 are the spots that make Australia so vulnerable.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lyon will want to take that first day pitch everywhere he goes for sure. He should have gotten all 10 really. Broken Kumble''s record in his hometown. :laugh: Too bad Mukund sucks against Starc.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You and I have been here before and it's never pretty, so let's just agree to disagree.

The only thing I will say in response though.......I don't think that wicket did give India an advantage. If anything it works against them as it reduces the gap between their better quality spinners to Australia's.
That's the bowling point of view, what about the batting? Who do you think is better equipped through experience to counter such conditions? Should be simple to answer.

Whether or not it did give India advantage is definitely somewhat questionable though. But as I've said a few times, and I said the same thing after the first test, it's an issue of ethics and spirit of the game, and it's a far bigger issue than whether or not someone had a brain-fade and looked to the dressing room in an emotional time.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
To point out again, if in fact the referees and officials can state and show that Kohli was indeed lying, he deserves to be banned for a game at least. You dont go out and basically call your opponents to be "cheating" and then not have the story check out. Sets a very bad precedent. But no one seems to be discussing the other obvious hypothesis here. Why are Smith and the Aussies quiet about the accusations if they are so damn false? Why are the match officials not releasing any statements yet? Apparently, if we do not buy in to the collective bias towards one side of the story, we are biased. 8-)

Burgey

And Burgey exhibiting classic 2008 ignorance of and refusal to acknowledge facts.. Whatdyaaknow? :p

I never said umpires and DRS and Shastri were against us. I pointed out Aus got all the things going their way in Pune and during the first two days here, which is a fact. India certainly did not deserve any luck and would have lost even if every close thing went their way instead of against at Pune, hence it was no big deal. Here on day 2, India did make a big effort and the luck being with Australia could have shut them out of the series, which was my point about those things.

And reg. crap info play by play, I am at office a lot of times during these games and I have seen what they write. It does not take a genius to figure it out. Also, since you dont seem to understand or appreciate facts when it comes to India, crap info play by play guys watch the TV telecast and report, with their obvious biases thrown in. Which means if it did not make the broadcast cameras, they wont have seen ti either. I simply mentioned I wont take those crapinfo play by play guys' words when it comes to a perspective of what actually happened out there. You are the one who cannot accept facts here.. :p You just hate it when blokes stick it back to your team. Go on.
I don't care when blokes stick it back to Australia. I do care when they go before a press conference and lie about them. There is no way a ball-by-ball commentator misses a close shout and a team considering a review. It doesn't happen. There were no such instances when Kohli was batting. He's either made it up (worst case scenario for him) or he's genuinely ****ed in the head in believes it happened when it didn't (slightly less worse case scenario). This idea that there was some sort of contemporaneous conspiracy to hide the fact there were big shouts against India while Kohli was batting and reviews considered by the fielding team is just nonsense. He's well within his rights to bang on about Smith doing it when he was given out, but it simply didn't happen when he was batting as he said it did. People can't just go around accusing the other side of systematically cheating and make up false evidence to support their claims. Not unless they want to be elected President of the United States anyway.

Burgey

To point out again, if in fact the referees and officials can state and show that Kohli was indeed lying, he deserves to be banned for a game at least. You dont go out and basically call your opponents to be "cheating" and then not have the story check out. Sets a very bad precedent. But no one seems to be discussing the other obvious hypothesis here. Why are Smith and the Aussies quiet about the accusations if they are so damn false? Why are the match officials not releasing any statements yet? Apparently, if we do not buy in to the collective bias towards one side of the story, we are biased. 8-)
Smith addressed the accusations in his press conference and denied them. Why would he want to go out and bang on about it again today? It doesn't serve Australia's cause to do that, or his individually.

Hennybogan

U19 12th Man
I'm not buying Jadega is better than SOK, I reckon Smith under bowled SOK in the second innings . Both Lyon and SOK are pretty good on Australian decks as well, I think generally the Indians just bat better against spinners is the difference. SOK knocks over domestic batsman very easily which shows the weakness of the batsman against spin. I doubt whether Jadega or even Ashwin would do better in state cricket in Australia.

TheJediBrah

no way

**** we are far too sensitive these days, players getting punished far too easily IMO. Fine him maybe, but don't deprive a Test match of one of it's thrilling players

Can't really decipher the rest of your post though

TheJediBrah

I'm not buying Jadega is better than SOK, I reckon Smith under bowled SOK in the second innings . Both Lyon and SOK are pretty good on Australian decks as well, I think generally the Indians just bat better against spinners is the difference. SOK knocks over domestic batsman very easily which shows the weakness of the batsman against spin. I doubt whether Jadega or even Ashwin would do better in state cricket in Australia.
If SOK played in India his record would be insane

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
no way

**** we are far too sensitive these days, players getting punished far too easily IMO. Fine him maybe, but don't deprive a Test match of one of it's thrilling players

Yeah banning anyone for this storm in a teacup would be ridiculous.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I don't care when blokes stick it back to Australia. I do care when they go before a press conference and lie about them. There is no way a ball-by-ball commentator misses a close shout and a team considering a review. It doesn't happen. There were no such instances when Kohli was batting. He's either made it up (worst case scenario for him) or he's genuinely ****ed in the head in believes it happened when it didn't (slightly less worse case scenario). This idea that there was some sort of contemporaneous conspiracy to hide the fact there were big shouts against India while Kohli was batting and reviews considered by the fielding team is just nonsense. He's well within his rights to bang on about Smith doing it when he was given out, but it simply didn't happen when he was batting as he said it did. People can't just go around accusing the other side of systematically cheating and make up false evidence to support their claims. Not unless they want to be elected President of the United States anyway.

Lets just agree to disagree till facts are proven one way or the other. No point prolonging this crap. If Kohli was lying and is caught on it, I agree that strict punishment should be meted out to him. Maybe you are right, I did let my opinion of crap info get in the way of the actual point being made here but so have you most of the time replying to me. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
no way

Yeah banning anyone for this storm in a teacup would be ridiculous.

See, if he had not mentioned about the whole "cheating" thing it is different. The word, whether we like it or not, has forever had a stigma attached to it and uniform action has to be meted out when someone is claiming the other other side did that and there is literally no evidence for it.

OverratedSanity

See, if he had not mentioned about the whole "cheating" thing it is different. The word, whether we like it or not, has forever had a stigma attached to it and uniform action has to be meted out when someone is claiming the other other side did that and there is literally no evidence for it.
He didn't actually say that word though.

Even if ye did, banning him for it would still be silly. People get measly fines for much worse misdemeanors on the field