• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hah

I went to uni with an Olympic swimmer and met several high profile ones through him

Almost without exception, they had the maturity levels of a 14 yo because they effectively lived in a bubble and had little social interaction outside the pool deck

I can imagine some cricketers being the same as most of them have been in pathway programs (God, I hate that term) from a very young age
Lived two doors down from an Olympic velo cyclist, was a super great dude, level-headed.

It's swimmers, they're just ****ing dumb.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cool, that's your opinion. I feel like I'd have plenty in my corner on the fact Smith is (including your countrymen).

One day an Australian captain will be appointed who realises you don't have to be a **** head to be competitive, and it'll create a sea change in not only the way his side plays but how the culture of cricket is formed in that country. And yes, I feel very well qualified to say so as someone who lived, played and coached there.
Now that Warner seems to have grown up, the current Australian team is one of the most mild mannered in living history and one of the best behaved test sides in the world.

Compare them to India

They have led the world in sledging for years (I'm sure Burgey would be delighted to dig up the video of Kumble harassing Yousuf) with even Ishant Sharma dishing it out

Ishant ****ing Sharma!

stephen

It's not doctored if both sides have to bat on the same pitch. Australia played better in the first Test in those conditions, so they won. Simple as that.

Secondly, as for Kohli complaining, you say it makes it worse to complain when you've won? Isn't it the other way around cause if India has lost and he said this, he'd have been labeled a sore loser.
Well Kohli should not have talked about this at all. He should have gone through the proper channels if he had a legitimate complaint. The fact that his side won and he still made a big point of it just makes him look like a compete tool, which he is. Graceless, arrogant winger.

As for the doctored wicket, such a pitch is perceived to favour the home side. If it wasn't we would not have had two pitches in a row that behaved in such an abominable fashion. Such pitches detract from the game by reducing the skill and increasing the luck factor.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well Kohli should not have talked about this at all. He should have gone through the proper channels if he had a legitimate complaint. The fact that his side won and he still made a big point of it just makes him look like a compete tool, which he is. Graceless, arrogant winger.

As for the doctored wicket, such a pitch is perceived to favour the home side. If it wasn't we would not have had two pitches in a row that behaved in such an abominable fashion. Such pitches detract from the game by reducing the skill and increasing the luck factor.
I think it just requires a different sort of skil set.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
My other complaint is the terrible pitch. If you want to use the term "cheating" to describe anything, the doctored pitches in this series is about as close as you can get to an entire side cheating. It backfired in the first test but worked in this one. The ball that got Steve Smith out in the second innings should not happen. It removes all skill from the game when wickets like that occur.
Worst pitches are some of the flat Australian pitches. I remember a pitch from last year against NZ. Two aggressive teams with some ultra-aggressive batsmen (Warner, McCullum) and very aggressive bowlers played 5 full days of cricket and it never looked like producing a result. No pitch is worse than such roads.

stephen

I think I'm about the only Australian who thinks we should stick with M Marsh. I don't think we can judge any improvement in his batting based on these two tests. In the first innings he got a ball that would have gotten anyone out. The second innings he got out for 13 when our top scoring batsman got 28. The first test he had a valuable contribution in the second innings.

I think he should get the rest of the series, particularly if the next test is a road. The final test is supposed to aid fast bowlers so he will be valuable there too.

Keep the faith. This side is the one that can retain the trophy.

cnerd123

likes this
Is Ranchi a noted bunsen? I mean they'll probably make it one anyway, but based on what he;'s shown so far, I don't think Jayant is much chop tbh.
I have no idea what the next pitch will look like. They haven't been predictable this season. Probably will spin a lot and piss off a lot of media tho.

Jayant bowled a lot better vs England than he did in that first test. He's not a world beater and not as good as SOK/Lyon even, but a good 5th bowler and his batting is better than 'can bat' category.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Now that Warner seems to have grown up, the current Australian team is one of the most mild mannered in living history and one of the best behaved test sides in the world.

Compare them to India

They have led the world in sledging for years (I'm sure Burgey would be delighted to dig up the video of Kumble harassing Yousuf) with even Ishant Sharma dishing it out

Ishant ****ing Sharma!
Depends, is Starc still a giant douche or has he even improved? I don't disagree, in fact Josh Hazelwood would be my most admired cricketer. Tough, unrelenting without any of the **** that some of his fellow countrymen feel have to come with it.

And yeah, India are bad too - just not sure 'they're worse' is a sufficient defence of Steve Smith.

social

Depends, is Starc still a giant douche or has he even improved? I don't disagree, in fact Josh Hazelwood would be my most admired cricketer. Tough, unrelenting without any of the **** that some of his fellow countrymen feel have to come with it.

And yeah, India are bad too - just not sure 'they're worse' is a sufficient defence of Steve Smith.
Starc has brain explosions from time to time but generally not in tests

For my 2 cents, I just think that Smith has one of those faces that some people want to punch but generally doesnt put up with too much crap

On the other hand, Kohli also has a face that some people want to punch but actively encourages and engages in crap

As an example, see his behaviour upon his dismissal in the 2nd innings.

It wasn't even close to being the worst decision of the match yet he made it clear to all & sundry that he thought he'd been robbed and generally carried on in a manner befitting a spoilt teenager

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Kohli is possibly the worst human being alive for marring one of the best tests in history with unfounded accusations of cheating. And it makes it twice as bad given his side won. Terrible sportsmanship from a terrible human being.

My other complaint is the terrible pitch. If you want to use the term "cheating" to describe anything, the doctored pitches in this series is about as close as you can get to an entire side cheating. It backfired in the first test but worked in this one. The ball that got Steve Smith out in the second innings should not happen. It removes all skill from the game when wickets like that occur.
Pretty much spot on. Crazy irony that anyone is accusing the Australians of dishonest sportsmanship when pitches like this are being served up. It's nothing short of a disgrace, and I said that after the first Test.

And the worst part is that India don't need to do this to be competitive, or win. It mars anything they achieve in this series.

Worst pitches are some of the flat Australian pitches. I remember a pitch from last year against NZ. Two aggressive teams with some ultra-aggressive batsmen (Warner, McCullum) and very aggressive bowlers played 5 full days of cricket and it never looked like producing a result. No pitch is worse than such roads.
Agree with this to an extent, but it's a completely different issue. Roads like that often make for **** cricket, but it doesn't make the game unfair, nor are they prepared deliberately to help the home side win.

Last edited:

stephen

We had one draw in a three test series, which is quite reasonable. It was at the WACA too which is bowler friendly about 60% of the time.

Adelaide, our most batting-friendly pitch had had 4 draws in the last 25 years.

In all honesty, while the last two tests have been good from the perspective of watching two teams push each other hard, these kinds of tests are not true tests of skill, since there is always the possibility of getting an unplayable jaffa that has nothing to do with the skill of the bowler. These kind of pitches reduce the gap between the bowling attacks by gifting mediocre bowlers with unplayable deliveries. They reduce the gap between the batting sides by sawing off top batsmen with balls they can't realistically play (MMarsh 1st innings, Smith 2nd innings just to name a couple).

I want at least one test to last into the fifth day.

TheJediBrah

We had one draw in a three test series, which is quite reasonable. It was at the WACA too which is bowler friendly about 60% of the time.

Adelaide, our most batting-friendly pitch had had 4 draws in the last 25 years.

In all honesty, while the last two tests have been good from the perspective of watching two teams push each other hard, these kinds of tests are not true tests of skill, since there is always the possibility of getting an unplayable jaffa that has nothing to do with the skill of the bowler. These kind of pitches reduce the gap between the bowling attacks by gifting mediocre bowlers with unplayable deliveries. They reduce the gap between the batting sides by sawing off top batsmen with balls they can't realistically play (MMarsh 1st innings, Smith 2nd innings just to name a couple).

I want at least one test to last into the fifth day.
I found a big problem with your post

stephen

The ball that got M Marsh out in the first innings would have gotten any batsman out. Was an unplayable delivery, despite what people think of Marsh's batting capabilities.