• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Wut? because of the smith incident? What a whiny ****

Nah.. They had been doing it all 3 days is what Kohli said. Seems they reported it to the umpires and referee even before today and that is why the umpire kept his eyes open to what Smith was doing today. As I said, I love me some Kohli. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The cynic in me honestly wonders if he believes this, or whether he's trying to get the public fired up and on his team's side even more.
If it was reported to the match referree and videos are available, no need to be this cynical. Can just accept Australia tried to sneak one in on the rules and got called on their ****. Wont be the first time.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, we'll have to see. He better be right, though. Otherwise he should have the book thrown at him.
Hmmm...the quickness with which both the umpires and Kohli reacted to this kinda makes me think they were on the look out for it, which supports the idea that this isn't the first time this has happened.

Burner

International Regular
I personally think Kohli is very much affected by his individual performance. Probably trying to appear as 'the' enemy so that next time Australia do give him a hostile reception and hence maybe get off their plans a little.

Spark

Global Moderator
If it was reported to the match referree and videos are available, no need to be this cynical. Can just accept Australia tried to sneak one in on the rules and got called on their ****. Wont be the first time.
You mean "if I take his word for it precisely", sure. I don't see why I have to do that yet.

I mean, if they actually did it, then sure.

Spark

Global Moderator
Hmmm...the quickness with which both the umpires and Kohli reacted to this kinda makes me think they were on the look out for it, which supports the idea that this isn't the first time this has happened.
Yeah but I didn't notice anything like that on any of the other reviews. So I honestly don't know.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You mean "if I take his word for it precisely", sure. I don't see why I have to do that yet.

I mean, if they actually did it, then sure.

You mean he can lie in the Presser about reporting to the referee as a captain??? Sounds as plausible as Smith and Kohli sharing drinks tonight.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Actually reckon Spark's on the money (if I read his point properly). I think Kohli's definitely peeved, but the man knows the value of a loud and angrier Indian crowd that gets into the game and that's the best 12th man you could have.

He'd make a fine actor.

Spark

Global Moderator
Actually reckon Spark's on the money (if I read his point properly). I think Kohli's definitely peeved, but the man knows the value of a loud and angrier Indian crowd that gets into the game and that's the best 12th man you could have.

He'd make a fine actor.
It definitely might not be an either/or thing. It just strikes me as odd for some reason.

Spark

Global Moderator

This is the bit that strikes me as weird. He obviously knows what he's trying to imply, why the "me no nuffin!" thing at the end?

If you're gonna call them cheats, just say it. Don't do this.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Also, the main reason I think he should have the book thrown at him if his account is anything but absolutely 100% correct is that it's ensured that everyone will be (and is) talking about this instead about an amazing Test match, which is borderline criminal in my view.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is the bit that strikes me as weird. He obviously knows what he's trying to imply, why the "me no nuffin!" thing at the end?

If you're gonna call them cheats, just say it. Don't do this.
From the Sean Spicer "Your words!! Your words!" book of pressers.