• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

BigCaine

School Boy/Girl Captain
Umpire's call is fair. But while the decision can stay with the umpires on those cases, the team should not lose a review for it.
Is it though, just compare with other sports. Imagine if tennis had umpires call, i cant say jt is in or out so stay with umpire and decide the match or goal line tech in football, can'tsay whether ball has fully crossed the line so stay with ref. It is either out or not out, if you don't have full proof tech don't use it.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i remember after marsh's 1st innings duck i said if marsh gets a 30 in the second dig he'd unfairly retain his place. i was completely wrong on the unfairly part. also, someone pointed that out at the time

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The countries of England and India with their forces combined in this match can't stop The Marsh Clan

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
They can either change all Umpire's calls to Benefit of doubt to the batsmen or ensure reviews are not lost on umpire's call. At this point, it is confusing, counfouding and frigging pathetic that we use technology to arrive at even more confusing decisions.

Compton

International Debutant
They can either change all Umpire's calls to Benefit of doubt to the batsmen or ensure reviews are not lost on umpire's call. At this point, it is confusing, counfouding and frigging pathetic that we use technology to arrive at even more confusing decisions.
If you didn't lose your review for Umpire's Call there would be 20 reviews an innings.

Compton

International Debutant
Maybe Marsh's borderline ******ation is a benefit to him, here.

He's not overthinking the pitch because he doesn't understand that different pitches play differently, and frequently forgets what a pitch is.