• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I get why he didn't review, didn't want to go 0 down and in that case you kinda have to be 100% sure the umpire's wrong which I don't think that counts. Still not great.

Burgey

I'm amazed at how unsure Smarsh was at whether it was hitting or not. His fault for not reviewing.

Australia still comfortably ahead of the game though.
Oh I think it's very much 50:50 ATM.

Great stuff from Nostrils here.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Seriously miffed I have to go out this morning. This has been such good watching for a test match. As a mainly neutral viewer. With a slight leaning to India for a bit of a gutsy performance yesterday.

morgieb

That said, no Test comes down to one decision, whoever wins from here did earn it. Both sides have won their fair share of the Test.
Warner was pretty unlucky to go too, and had his been overturned Australia would've gone for that I suspect. So two decisions essentially.

Burner

International Regular
Nah, that was pretty dumb from Smith. I get that he didn't want to waste his remaining review but it looked so not out.

adub

International Captain
and thats why DRS isnt 'just for the howlers'
Yeah, the way we use it still needs tweaking when a guy who had the tracker showing 49.99% of the ball hitting the stumps given not out and a guy with 100% of the ball missing by six inches given out.

Not saying I have all the answers, but it's not right yet.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, the way we use it still needs tweaking when a guy who had the tracker showing 49.99% of the ball hitting the stumps given not out and a guy with 100% of the ball missing by six inches given out.

Not saying I have all the answers, but it's not right yet.

i agree with you completely. im also annoyed at how i hear you're supposed to save it for those times youve smashed it into your pads and the umpire still gives you lbw or when there's daylight between bat and ball yet the ump thought he heard you snick it thru to the keeper

im of the opinion you make smart, well timed uses of it whenever you feel you've got good odds. have a gamble every now and then. its not a perfect system so you should exploit that when you can

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Re: Marsh dismissal, umpire got sucked into the old trap of giving an LBW because it was a shooter instead of just judging the line.