• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
That was Australia's hour, would be delighted how fast they're scoring. With Handscomb still to come, put this at 65/35 Australia's way.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith is doing that thing he does in ODIs where he hits 30 at nearly run a ball before you even realise that he's running away with it.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know that Ashwin has a great record in India but Jadeja has been by far the better bowler in this series to date and should be given priority IMO

Burgey

Ashwin wasn't. Jaddu was.
You blokes are horrendous, seriously. India came at Australia so ****ing hard it was ridiculous on day two. Just because a bloke doesn't roll through a side or isn't at his absolute best doesn't mean he wasn't threatening or didn't ask questions. The other side is having a lash as well and dogging in hard.

This India team isn't 1980s West Indies or late 90s- early 2000s Australia. Massive sense of entitlement going on with their fan base here. Peter Costello levels of entitlement.

Stapel

International Regular
afaic you should only care about where the middle of the ball hits since that would be the first point of impact. Surely you don't need such a big margin for error on that. The current rule doesn't make sense.
Yup, I agree. Yet, as it is today, the settings of DRS are such that if any part if the ball is inside, the system will say "umpire's call". In that sense, the decision was right, as there probably was a millimeter inside. It's just that the settings are wrong. My guess is that it will be corrected, as they did with the margins for hitting the stumps.

Spark

Global Moderator
Smith is doing that thing he does in ODIs where he hits 30 at nearly run a ball before you even realise that he's running away with it.
Tbh a typical ODI chase for him would be to easily control the chase until there's about 5 runs to get then spoon one up in the air.

adub

International Captain
Whilst these two are batting as nicely as they have been it's Australia's game, but only takes one wicket and we could easily fold like a cheap suit.

Daemon

Yup, I agree. Yet, as it is today, the settings of DRS are such that if any part if the ball is inside, the system will say "umpire's call". In that sense, the decision was right, as there probably was a millimeter inside. It's just that the settings are wrong. My guess is that it will be corrected, as they did with the margins for hitting the stumps.
The way it works now is a bit odd. Following the same logic, it should work the other way too; if the on field decision is not out and 99% of the ball is hitting in line, the decision should be umpires call because of that 1% that isn't hitting.

vcs

Is there anything in life better than Test cricket? I was unsuccessfully trying to explain to a colleague at lunch why this is so awesome.

I need to get new friends.

Top_Cat

Yadav's action channelling Ganguly right now. Must be so disorienting to see some bloke shuffle to the crease like a part-timer then then hoon them through 140+.

Burgey

I thought that might be missing on first glance but I'm watcing from the balcony and not at a good angle

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
India need to try and bowl a few maidens and block the scoring rate, they have plenty of time in this match. Get the ball a bit older and then have a go again.