• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah definitely. It's tough to bat out there and if they win, props to them. Honestly, apart from the last session yesterday, overall they've been so much better than India its not even funny.

And key is, they've not had complete collapses like we've had.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah totally 60-40 here. we've crumbled in India in this exact scenario so many times, often for well under 188

the difference here is that our batsman have proven they are happy to dig in when the going gets tough this series and not play ridic shots like they did in SL

i'm confident of victory but neither result would shock me

Zinzan

yeah totally 60-40 here. we've crumbled in India in this exact scenario so many times, often for well under 188

the difference here is that our batsman have proven they are happy to dig in when the going gets tough this series and not play ridic shots like they did in SL

i'm confident of victory but neither result would shock me
I really think Warner needs to try to be a little more positive than the 1st dig, when he just pushed and prodded. That said, if he scores 33 again, I think Aust would take that right now...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
See I said 200 above would have meant par. So thsi is like 67-33 Australia AFAIC. Pitch settles down just past noon here and we are bowling. FMD. How do we time these things? I really do expect Aus to walk this 2 or 3 wickets down max. All the regular suspects will **** India over. :(

Zinzan

See I said 200 above would have meant par. So thsi is like 67-33 Australia AFAIC. Pitch settles down just past noon here and we are bowling. FMD. How do we time these things? I really do expect Aus to walk this 2 or 3 wickets down max. All the regular suspects will **** India over. :(
I can't claim to have seen ball by ball or anything, but the bits I have seen suggest to me the pitch was just as bad for batting on days 1 & 2, and hasn't really got much worse since.

I'd say 67-33 is a bit generous to Aust.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We've had at least two extremely marginal calls go against us with the DRS this test. Kohli's call was also marginal. So I'd say that means we've had more marginal DRS calls go against us this match.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
We've had at least two extremely marginal calls go against us with the DRS this test. Kohli's call was also marginal. So I'd say that means we've had more marginal DRS calls go against us this match.

Yes, if you disregard every decision that went in your favor, you have gotten the rough end of the deal on marginal calls. We lost our reviews to umpire's calls btw.. And Kohli's was marginal, my foot. How can any umpire be sure it was pad first and inline is beyond me. The bowler was not even appealing. That is a decision that 99% of the umpires would give not out and Smith won't have even reviewed it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I can't claim to have seen ball by ball or anything, but the bits I have seen suggest to me the pitch was just as bad for batting on days 1 & 2, and hasn't really got much worse since.

I'd say 67-33 is a bit generous to Aust.

Its the momentum. They have had it all series. As I said, I see a very painful and hurting chase coming up. Wicket wont be as bad as is being talked about here and they will just walk it as India start getting more and more desperate. Watch as we keep trying hard for 15 overs and not waste reviews and then see the score at 100/0 and then burn through both reviews in 2 overs.

Daemon

I don't mind Ashwin opening the bowling again. Two lefties + he's been very very successful against Warner. No way should Jadeja only bowl 1 over until the 30th or something ridiculous again though.

Between Ishant and Yadav I'd love to see Yadav open but he has a tendency to leak runs with the hard new ball because he strays too straight far too often. There's not much swing on offer either so idk if Ishant should bother opening. Spin from both ends **** it.

Last edited: