• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I really hope India can bat for another 30 overs. If they bat for 50, the game should be very much in their favor. Given the nature of the wicket, these two batsmen really have to make this count.

indiaholic

International Captain
India don't become favourites till the target is above 220.. That is a long long distance away. We batted well but had some generous helpings of good fortune. If our luck runs out we lose.

Stapel

International Regular
India don't become favourites till the target is above 220.. That is a long long distance away. We batted well but had some generous helpings of good fortune. If our luck runs out we lose.
FWIW, most betting sites have India as favourites now.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
FWIW, most betting sites have India as favourites now.
That's mainly because they had India as huge favorites from the beginning. In other words, if the positions were reversed exactly now they would still have India as favorites because in their book India is a much better side than Australia in these conditions.

Whenever on paper the match is on balance, betting sites have the better side as favorite

Compton

International Debutant
We are like 50 away from the lowest total Oz have posted this series mate... No one can help when you cant recognize facts in front of your eyes.
I'm not sure of the weight that can be attached to what Australia posted in the first innings here, far less the relevance of what they posted on what was a better batting pitch in the first test.

I don't understand how anyone could look at the match situation as it is and come to any conclusion other than India being favourites to take the test match from here.

anil1405

International Captain
I don't understand how anyone could look at the match situation as it is and come to any conclusion other than India being favourites to take the test match from here.
Answer lies in the fact that India collapsed in dismal fashion in last three innings and are effectively 120 odd for 4. If they score 50 more runs without losing a wicket then I'd be comfortable in thinking that India have the upper hand.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It's obvious y I don't have faith in this batting line up to even score 50 runs for these last 6 wickets and it's based fully and only on what has been happening so far in this series. Obvious if you want to look at reality that is.

Burner

International Regular
Based on this series, I agree. If it were the series against England you wouldn't put it past them to score 500 from here. Could well be a result of being low on confidence and being in this position would just be the incentive to be better.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Ash is due a score of 30, Saha about 20. There is our 50. Nair should get 30 odd and Pujara/Rahane should get 20. That is 220 but its not going to happen since it doesn't work like that. And if it does happen, it would mean the pitch is easing out and it should be an easy chase any way.

Maybe not getting too many would play on the Aussies' mind and let us win.

Burner

International Regular
Since when did scoring runs mean the pitch is easing out to bat on?! :mellow:

It could well be that runs come through momentum, a good partnership and Aus could be under pressure hence loose balls. Anything above 200 and India are going to have the psychological edge.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I would bet on India if the target was anything 200 but not after watching the determination displayed by this Australian side now. The result can go either way if target is 200ish

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
(I will admit thought that when we were way ahead, I was laughing my ass out at you two and Shri fighting over the Gambhiring philosophy)

BTW who was the first person to start trying to jinx the other team by saying that their team was ****ed even though they were still ahead?
SS years ago

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Indian fans, like the above poster said, are pessimistic. 170 is certainly 'something to bowl at' on that wicket. Even if they get knocked over they should get that.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
What's the weather forecast like for the rest of this game? Really wanna see a thrilling 4th innings chase.