• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

cnerd123

likes this
This India are worn out excuse is bull**** ftr, this Australian team has played tonnes of cricket since the Sri Lankan series last year. They've just been the better cricket team
Yea no I agree with this. These guys are professional cricketers. They should be fit enough mentally and physically for thier schedule.

If Ashwin is feeling unfit he should have pulled out. If they are to mentally exhausted to be playing this series then they're a bunch of softcocks who deserve to lose. They had such an easy time in all these other home tests. Can't be gassed out for the main event.

Poor stuff. Aus have been fantastic and are the better team. Fully deserve the 4-0 sweep they're about to get.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The "our side was tired" card was played by some of the English posters during that series and that was extremely annoying, although to their credit most of them never made it an excuse for the loss. So I can see how annoying it is if we do it to the Aussies now, esp. given we are playing at home. It maybe fact that we have played more cricket than them (the difference is not much though) but it is even more true that this is not the reason this side have been playing this way. The Aussie batting has just surprised and challenged us and our batsmen have not been able to respond to the pressure against the best attack we have faced all season..

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who looks tired besides Ashwin? The batsmen don't look physically tired, they're just a bit mentally ****ed by what SOK did to them and haven't quite recovered. Sharma's a workhorse and Yadav's pretty sharp as well.

morgieb

Zero control from the quicks thus far. Australia gone if India can claim the lead within this partnership.

morgieb

Lyon looking like taking a wicket every ball is doing us no good when the seamers are bowling like ****ing ******s.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
This India are worn out excuse is bull**** ftr, this Australian team has played tonnes of cricket since the Sri Lankan series last year. They've just been the better cricket team
I'm getting pissed off at all this talk about India being tired. It's not like Australia have n been sitting around with nothing to do for the last six months. We've played 3 tests in Sri Lanka and six at home plus a bunch of meaningless T20 games and some ODIs.

And we're the ones travelling. Indians are lucky to have played all your games at home.
I agree with this sentiment. Being tired cannot be an excuse. I think even an Indian player said the same yesterday.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yea no I agree with this. These guys are professional cricketers. They should be fit enough mentally and physically for thier schedule.

If Ashwin is feeling unfit he should have pulled out. If they are to mentally exhausted to be playing this series then they're a bunch of softcocks who deserve to lose. They had such an easy time in all these other home tests. Can't be gassed out for the main event.

Poor stuff. Aus have been fantastic and are the better team. Fully deserve the 4-0 sweep they're about to get.

I agree with your sentiment but you are quite wrong in most of these points. At the beginning of the season, all of us here at CW, expected England to be our toughest test. So it might well be that it felt like that to the players too, esp. coz so many of these guys played in that 2012 home loss to England. And if someone is carrying a niggle from the beginning of the season, he is bound to tire out at some point. Its just too bad for us that it has coincided with our batsmen suddenly becoming **** against decent to good spin bowling on pitches aiding spinners. We thought we had gotten over that after the Mumbai test performance against England but it seems it was an exception now. :(

Shri

Mr. Glass
Yeah look, everyone has praised Aus enough for their performance and for them being better than us throughout the thread. If people are going to get riled up by suggestions that our primary weapon being fatigued is one of the many reasons for our ineptitude, those people can go and get ****ed.

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia still favs, not gonna be easy for the new batsmen so these 2 have to carry on. India should be looking to equal Australia's first innings score and back themselves to bowl out Aus.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ashwin being fatigued probably has more to do with the fact that Kohli seems to bowl him from one end for the entirety of the innings. Give the guy a break and bowl your other bowlers ffs.

Compton

International Debutant
Can't believe India have been allowed to all but eradicate Australia's lead before O'Keefe gets a second over.