• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No one slogged Starc though in this innings. Mukund's was a simple short arm pull to a short ball, something he did the ball before and missed.
It was a **** shot. Both when he missed it and when he top edged it for six.

Rahul has done well.

Burgey

It was a **** shot. Both when he missed it and when he top edged it for six.

Rahul has done well.
You're never going to control a pull or hook shot when your hands are as low as his were on both those shots, especially on a pitch which has variable bounce.

cnerd123

likes this
Still 49 behind and Lyon is looking unplayable

One session of bowling in the right areas and we'll be 90/8 again and staring at a 10 wicket defeat

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Stop being so pessimistic, my fellow Indians. Rich coming from me, I know, but our yard, our rules. **** can't stay ****ed forever, you know. I keep going back to Karun Nair's brief interlude in the first innings; that is how Indian batsmen traditionally play on these tracks. These guys haven't become **** all of a sudden, it's all between the ears. SUPPORT :ph34r:

Burgey

If I was Kohli I'd really think about Jadeja at three here, with instructions to go as hard as he can to try and wipe the deficit, then let Pujara and the rest accumulate. Assuming they don't erase it without losing a wicket.

Wonder if he has the balls to do it.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
If I was Kohli I'd really think about Jadeja at three here, with instructions to go as hard as he can to try and wipe the deficit, then let Pujara and the rest accumulate. Assuming they don't erase it without losing a wicket.

This is a great idea. Nothing to lose.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's interesting that in all the innings so far the opening stand has put on 50+ runs without loss. Seems to be a new ball wicket.

Bit scared by this poor bowling though. Need to keep it tight or we waste all the efforts with the bat.

Kudos to India for paying as well as they did in the first session though. Most people had written them off yesterday.

anil1405

International Captain

No he doesn't. He hasn't given Jaddu enough overs when India needed it badly. Wonder what makes you remotely think he will send Jaddu at no.3

cnerd123

likes this

Based on the evidence of his captaincy he'll probably send Ashwin up at three instead

Burgey

It's interesting that in all the innings so far the opening stand has put on 50+ runs without loss. Seems to be a new ball wicket.

Bit scared by this poor bowling though. Need to keep it tight or we waste all the efforts with the bat.

Kudos to India for paying as well as they did in the first session though. Most people had written them off yesterday.
Yeah, lunch came at a very good time for Australia.

Burgey

No he doesn't. He hasn't given Jaddu enough overs when India needed it badly. Wonder what makes you remotely think he will send Jaddu at no.3
I didn't say he'd do it, I said I'd do it. Forty five minutes of Jadeja getting away with a few changes the game. If he comes in at 7/120 or whatever it's too little too late barring a miracle.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year

I was actually thinking the same thing, runs are extremely important and Jadeja playing without having to worry about the fact that he's batting low down with tailenders. Even 30-40 runs from him would be massive.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Wow.. **** s actually saying Ash is the worst bowler on show from both sides. :laugh: I never praised him in the OTT manner you guys did but this is just plain silly. What exactly has SOK done in this match so far as a bowler that makes him better than Ash? Like, seriously... 8-)

He would have a fifer for his bowling yesterday on another day. Yes he has been getting desperate but that is a reflection of our position in the game than anything else. Sometime's the luck is with the other bowlers. Jaddu got Smith to inside edge and the ball ballooned to Saha. Ash got the outside edge of many of the left handers but nothing went near the fielders. Saha was ****ing inept when keeping to Ashwin bowling over the wicket tot he lefties. Even I know at my level that you cover the leg stump first when a bowler is bowling into the rough from that side. And he actually looks injured. His not putting enough body at the release point indicates that the hernia thing might be legit. And yes, while he is easily the worst bowler on view when he starts bowling in that desperate manner, it does not undo all the awesome work he put in yesterday.

Its weird coz I dont even think he is in bad form. Just needs to calm down and be patient, both of which can happen if our batsmen can putting a ****ing score on the board.

Last edited:

anil1405

International Captain
I didn't say he'd do it, I said I'd do it. Forty five minutes of Jadeja getting away with a few changes the game. If he comes in at 7/120 or whatever it's too little too late barring a miracle.
That would be a good move but Kohli is too cooked up in his head to think on those lines.