• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes Australia have had some comedy double digit innings in recent times. Australia should be significant favourites, but whatever they score so can India. Australia chasing anything non-trivial has the capacity to go badly **** up.

It would be interesting to try and figure out what would be a 50/50 score for Australia to chase. I suspect it would be a little under 200. Batting like Australia have done a second time with a target there will really crank up the pressure. Doing it when India only have 189 on the board is a lot easier.
200 on this pitch in the 4th innings is the equivalent of 400+ in normal circumstances and we've seen how many times that has been done in test history

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Latest accuweather forecast describes today as "mostly sunny and beautiful". Can someone please:

a. confirm whether it's raining in Geelong; amd
2. get a Kiwi poster to post a pic of a motorway near the ground.

Then we'll know for sure.

Victor Ian

International Coach
my current delusion... I remember long ago, Australia having done so so and the match is on the edge. Then a keeper stuck around doggedly with tail-enders and made enough runs to make the match winnable. And Wade is about to do this with a big chunk from Starc whlie Lyon will hand around doggedly for Wade to do another SMarsh. Still two hours before it is dashed.

OverratedSanity

Oh that's definitely going to happen. Wade and Starc slogging a few to get the lead up to 150 would be the dagger to the heart.

Daemon

I just know we're not going to run through them this morning. Going to be some very painful boundaries coming up.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Vic Ian has been Nostradamus as far as this series is concerned. We are now officially doomed. Our chance has gone from 10% to 0% now. Australia just have to catch the bus to win this 4-0... :(

Victor Ian

International Coach
If Australia manage to pull off a win here SMarsh will have completely erased my mind of every failure he and his brother have ever made, past and future.

Burgey

Forecast continues to be "mostly sunny and beautiful"

India can't manufacture a miracle
The silence will be pitiful, today.
Reviews, they're getting to cynical
Ashwin's not physical, these days
He analyses every batsman he meets
But gets no siiiiiignnnnn
Darsh aint kind
So tonight they'll admit defeat
And cry themselves bliiiiiiiiinndddddd

Sorry, just wasting time before the start of play.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Forecast continues to be "mostly sunny and beautiful"

India can't manufacture a miracle
The silence will be pitiful, today.
Reviews, they're getting to cynical
Ashwin's not physical, these days
He analyses every batsman he meets
But gets no siiiiiignnnnn
Darsh aint kind
So tonight they'll admit defeat
And cry themselves bliiiiiiiiinndddddd

Sorry, just wasting time before the start of play.
Dude this s worse than being defeated by your side :p

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah I'm happy with Smarsh in the team and have been for a while. Its his brother's continued selection which continues to baffle me