• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Burner

International Regular
It has been barely 6 months since Aus got their asses handed to them by Sri Lanka. Goes to show that technique is over-rated and how much digging in and a good mind set really matters.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It has been barely 6 months since Aus got their asses handed to them by Sri Lanka. Goes to show that technique is over-rated and how much digging in and a good mind set really matters.
Technique isn't over-rated, but technique alone doesn't score you Test runs.

Last edited:

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
So Aus has a lead and batted through the day. Something India hasn't done yet. Any lead on this deck should be good for a win barring a massive ****up.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
IF Oz somehow manages to claw themselves to a 100 run lead, it honestly would not surprise me to see them win by an innings

This pitch is bog ordinary and every run is worth double

social

I dont think that you can underestimate the contribution Renshaw has made to this team

It appears to me that this 20 yo is almost leading the team by example

Remarkable really

social

I dont think that you can underestimate the contribution Renshaw has made to this team

Remarkable really

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
aw **** forgot about him

Yeah he should be in the team. Lyon should be safe for another Test but if he doesn't dominate it then replace him with Maxwell IMO.
Fmd a bloke takes 8/50 and you still want him dropped. Weird obsession you have against Lyon.

Are you Blocky?
Are you Blocky?
Are you Blocky in disguise?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Remarkable really
We won't underestimate it cos you've told us twice mate :p

Bijed

International Regular

Remarkable really
Yeah, when he was first picked I'd never heard of him, but I wanted him to do well just because he was young and seemed a different type of player than your recent Australian stereotype. He's gone beyond that and really, really impressed me.

Compton

International Debutant
Renshaw is brilliant.

Sometimes when you watch him it looks like he's never played cricket before, or like he's playing it in someone else's body and he isn't quite used to it yet.

But he has this brilliant ability to just score runs, and that can't be taught.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
While the pitch made viewing soporific at times, these two teams are so much fun to watch that it was still compelling viewing.

This one's over btw. Anything above a 50 run lead on this track was always going to be decisive, and Australia look likely to finish 100+ ahead. Agree with those who say there's a decent chance of Australia not batting again.

Amazing stuff from Aus given this is largely the same team that got whipped by Sri Lanka.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Im not counting my chickens yet but if we manage to claim a series win here it'll be one of my favourite victories ever.

After getting the absolute **** beaten out of us on the subcontinent for the past decade this is such a relief to see.