• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
He's actually averaged 55 in Test cricket over the last 2 years
Yeah, I think picking Marsh for this series was a no brainer and I think he's pretty underrated by most people. Was just commenting on the gap between his best and worst, which is massive. Nicks off for single figures more than any test quality batsman should but puts in efforts like this regularly as well.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, I think picking Marsh for this series was a no brainer and I think he's pretty underrated by most people. Was just commenting on the gap between his best and worst, which is massive. Nicks off for single figures more than any test quality batsman should but puts in efforts like this regularly as well.
It is also that he genuinely looks like he's walked to the crease half-asleep sometimes.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
*looks up Starc's batting stats on Cricinfo*

Averages 44 against India, 41 in India, under 30 against everyone else

Bloody typical.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
It is also that he genuinely looks like he's walked to the crease half-asleep sometimes.
His running between the wickets is what always gets me, really pretty shocking for a top order batsman in an era where hardly anyone is bad at that any more.

TheJediBrah

His running between the wickets is what always gets me, really pretty shocking for a top order batsman in an era where hardly anyone is bad at that any more.
laughed my head off when he ran himself out for 99 in Melbourne against India a couple years ago

Shri

Mr. Glass
The next two pitches should be actually tampered with if we are to win. Make sure the right hand batsman's offside is flat and the other side is crumbling. Not possible probably.

Debris

International 12th Man
Looks like Starc has brought his own pitch again. Hitting the ball so cleanly compared to everyone else.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Such a great effort by the Australian batsmen today. I didn't believe it was possible for them to grind it out the way they have. Especially given past efforts. Hopefully they keep it going for another couple of sessions tomorrow at least and really put it up India.

morgieb

Was hard work but I think we did well.

Still won't feel comfortable if we don't get 300+. That said, given the amount of right-handers India have they might struggle to get much over 150....

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Pune was horrible as a fan but the mistakes that our team made, I felt we deserved the way we lost that game. But today was very different. I have never seen so many of the lucky stuff go fully one side's way. It was painful to watch as an Indian fan coz the side was really putting a very big effort here. If this does not tell you Aussies are destined to win this series, nothing will.

But gotta give credit to the Aussies. There have been sides who would have crumbled inspite of the lucky breaks. The almost wooden headed way they have stuck to their individual batting plans against each and every bowler has been amazing. Still credit to India too, I guess, coz we could have easily let them away but at least we are still 10% in the game.

vcs

That would have been a pretty decent day for us... if only day 1 hadn't been so completely ****.