• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ashwin shall henceforth be banned from reviewing.

He's also bowling pretty **** atm.

cnerd123

likes this
What a team full of softcocks, seriously. Loose batting, dropping catches, desperate reviews.

Bring back Jaddu. The only real man in the team.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Marsh has the biggest gap between his best and worst of any batsman I've ever seen. I guess inflated by how infrequently he plays. But he's played at least half a dozen genuinely world class test innings in 20 odd tests, which is amazing for a player with a fairly ordinary overall record who is constantly in and out of the side. Both his centuries in Sri Lanka, his century in South Africa, and great 50 odd scores like the 49 against New Zealand chasing in the day-night test, another good 50 against SA, and this innings. And in between those just constant failures and hardly any easy runs. Such an odd career.

He's deserved his place in the side for a fair while now and if he's fit I think he'll keep it for a while, but always seems prone to a bunch of low scores in a row and another drop.

anil1405

International Captain
Pack your bags and go to your respective cities/towns.

Real cricket starts in exactly a months time.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ashwin has no understanding of reviews. The way he nodded his head that he was absolutely sure
He's trying to make Kohli look even more brain-less and assure his usurping by the end of the series.

He's just too smart to not be playing the game, he knows the real enemy is Kohli's dimwitted nature to the Indian team.

cnerd123

likes this
These ones and twos are what have killed India. Not sure whether Kohli's just been terrible at setting fields to stop those jammy runs, or if the Aussies have been great at deliberately working the ball into these areas.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
For all his aggressive blustering Kohli's field placings are not that much more attacking than Dhoni's on average. He could and should have more catchers around the bat than all those sweepers.

Top_Cat

There you go TC, it's kicking up as well. Rubbish pitch.
Again, for me, this is still preferable to what we saw against England. As long as it's not the norm, and it isn't, no problem.

And I might add, everyone thought prior to this series that unusual decks would advantage anyone but Australia and for them to have a hope, the decks would have to be flat like Aussie pitches. Well, the decks have been spicy and Australia have absolutely dominated, different players shining at different times, Oz batted first in Pune and second here. Just shows how over-rated the quality of the deck is to who wins anyway.

Know what wins? Good cricket. India have been arse and they've paid for it.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Marsh has the biggest gap between his best and worst of any batsman I've ever seen. I guess inflated by how infrequently he plays. But he's played at least half a dozen genuinely world class test innings in 20 odd tests, which is amazing for a player with a fairly ordinary overall record who is constantly in and out of the side. Both his centuries in Sri Lanka, his century in South Africa, and great 50 odd scores like the 49 against New Zealand chasing in the day-night test, another good 50 against SA, and this innings. And in between those just constant failures and hardly any easy runs. Such an odd career.

He's deserved his place in the side for a fair while now and if he's fit I think he'll keep it for a while, but always seems prone to a bunch of low scores in a row and another drop.
He's more prone to getting injured and then forgotten than anything else.

TheJediBrah

Again, for me, this is still preferable to what we saw against England. As long as it's not the norm, and it isn't, no problem.
It's been the norm so far this series. And still shouldn't be doing this on Day 2 regardless, IMO.

Agree that it's still probably better than lifeless roads though.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

He's been getting better tbf. Aging into a tolerable wine. Should get at least a decent last few years out of him.