• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Ball rolling along the ground from the middle of day two. Sorry ***** but this is another dreadful pitch.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah that just leaves a bad taste in the mouth tbh. No element of skill involved in that and all, you simply can't play that.

cnerd123

likes this
Lyon and SOK are gonna love the odd variation in bounce too.

Going to take something majestic from Kohli to give us a defendable score in the 4th innings I reckon.

cnerd123

likes this
Ball rolling along the ground from the middle of day two. Sorry ***** but this is another dreadful pitch.
This pitch is terrible but IDK what you're on about with 'another'. It's the first pitch this entire season where the bounce has been so dreadful.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbh, I don't really mind seeing that happen occasionally, even on day 2. The bad decks, for mine, are when the game can't progress, where the bats find it hard to score off any ball whether well or badly pitched. Yeah there's the occasional shooter but there's still runs out there. You can bet Renshaw walked off less feeling like he was lucky to get as many as he did and more like a ton nipped in the bud.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Both this one and the previous one and the 2 pitches in the SAF test series were awful even if the PC brigade hate to admit it, if they still feel this is an ok pitch then no pitch can ever be a good or bad one for them.

Daemon

Tbh, I don't really mind seeing that happen occasionally, even on day 2. The bad decks, for mine, are when the game can't progress, where the bats find it hard to score off any ball whether well or badly pitched. Yeah there's the occasional shooter but there's still runs out there. You can bet Renshaw walked off less feeling like he was lucky to get as many as he did and more like a ton nipped in the bud.
It's happened at least 30 times today. That's 5 overs of grubbers, it's amazing only one got a wicket.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Found a nice little stream so I've enjoyed a few sessions this arvo.

Well done Renshaw.

We still need another 150 runs on top of what we've already got though.

It's time, Mitch Marsh. It's time.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Found a nice little stream so I've enjoyed a few sessions this arvo.

Well done Renshaw.

We still need another 150 runs on top of what we've already got though.

It's time, Mitch Marsh. It's time.
Just as I said it!

vcs

LOL what does PC Brigade have to do with it? :laugh:

Do you also complain about every English pitch that seams like hell for Broad and Anderson in the first 2 sessions, and then turns into a road?

Spark

Global Moderator
It's happened at least 30 times today. That's 5 overs of grubbers, it's amazing only one got a wicket.
It's largely down to the fact that much of the day has had left handers batting in tandem IMO. The spots where it's keeping low from around the wicket are wider of the stumps, whereas that spot is dead in line.

Top_Cat

It's not a great pitch, sure. But a genuinely bad one? Nup, don't agree. I'd take this stuff over the last series against England any damn day of the week.

OverratedSanity

It's happened far too often. I don't think it's as bad a pitch as 2012 nagpur vs England. But it's still poor. Far too many shooters.

Best thing I can say is atleast it hasn't had those that rear up at the batsman too. Here at least they can sort of try and stay low to keep out the odd low one.