• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Did Sok just replicate the approach the Indian spinners had with great success or was the pitch a minefield?
The pitch is a disgrace.

In all honesty, SOK delivered 3 or 4 great overs after being completely innocuous for his first 8.

adub

International Captain
SOK's Wickets:

3 Suicides
1 screamer of a catch that most of the time wouldn't have been held (good, but hardly unplayable ball)
1 stumping from a nice bit of dip and just enough turn
1 catch at 1st slip from a good seed that bounced a bit more than expected.

But surely that's the point. ****'s been doing it for years. Looks completely innocuous, takes heaps of wickets.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The pitch is a disgrace.

In all honesty, SOK delivered 3 or 4 great overs after being completely innocuous for his first 8.
Do we have to keep going with this? Pitch isn't great, but it's hardly a "disgrace".

As long as every pitch in the series isn't like this it's not really an issue IMO

dermo

International Vice-Captain
have it on good authority SoK's turn around was due to a message from the coach telling him to bowl as if the batsman was shane warne refusing him entry to the steyne

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Renshaw shows how you can bat on here old school. I have liked this test so couldn't care about the wicket, and I am rooting for India!

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Renshaw shows how you can bat on here old school. I have liked this test so couldn't care about the wicket, and I am rooting for India!
Maybe because of the belly, and the lead Aus had but he was a bit more loose yesterday. Batted very well in the first innings playing straight without having to revert to the sweep, or the slog sweep.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You just need immense discipline and mental strength to do well on this track... So far, only the Aussie batsmen have shown that and our fielding has made it worse.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Everyone with half a brain knows SOK has been easily the best spinner in the country for the last decade.

Unfortunately Shane Warne doesn't fit that criteria

Shri

Mr. Glass
This will be hard to watch and hard to cop but I will do it. :laugh:

It just had to be the ****in' Aussies. Why couldn't it have been against one of the good guys like SL or NZ? **** me.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
The pitch does not look like that its breaking up fast as expected. Rough patches yes but I feel game is not over yet and India will come harder this morning.