• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

ajdude

International Coach
These are times when I feel a distance of a million miles from mainstream human civilization. How is it that test cricket has by an large, a reputation of being dull and boring in the mainstream world? How?
what's always gotten me is the fact that despite this, tennis is so popular. i love tennis, don't get me wrong but i mean it's just rally after rally when you think about it

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
These are times when I feel a distance of a million miles from mainstream human civilization. How is it that test cricket has by an large, a reputation of being dull and boring in the mainstream world? How?
Yep. Games like this it's like something is going to happen every single ball.

anil1405

International Captain
So this is what happens when India doesn't win the toss and bat first for once. Lollapsing against a no name like O'keefe. Sad!
The Indian tradition of making a spin bowler from Down Under look great for once is out of the way. Comforting for Indian fans now.

Daemon

Yep. Games like this it's like something is going to happen every single ball.
tbf we sat through SL in SA, Bangladesh in India and Pakistan in Australia (first test excepted)

vcs

Clarke being very humble about his 6/9. I'd never get tired of reminding people about it if I were him LOL.

OverratedSanity

dont be a dick. I meant that we are playing 5 batsmen instead of 6. We have done it all season but this is when it gets tested, really.
Your post wasn't clear. And asking a sincere question isn't "being a dick"

I do agree we need 6 batsmen at home though..Been saying it for ages.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
So this is what happens when India doesn't win the toss and bat first for once. Lollapsing against a no name like O'keefe. Sad!
Not sure how much you can attribute this to the toss. Cricket analysis desperately needs a new narrative on collapses of this nature. I know Aussie fans like to think it's their own domain and pretty much every other fan likes to think their team collapses like no the but honestly, a quick read of test history will dismantle that in seconds. A collapse like this in test cricket is always on the cards, no matter how many 50 plus average guys you stack up your batting with. Can happen to anyone. Bangladesh, Australia, England. Anyone. Number 10, Number 1. Makes no difference.