• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Regardless of what Australia score, India is likely to get a lead of 100 to 200 runs, although there's also a small chance of India capitulating as well.

The fact that Australia didn't get bowled out for 200 odd keeps Australia in the game but also- it likely stops India from becoming complacent thinking that the game is in the bag, which may prevent India from throwing it away like Australia.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Maxwell is a bit of a lottery batsman. Far more likely to fail than pull off a good score.

Dunno how he can be brought into the team when Australia need 5 proper bowling options to have the best chance of taking 20 wickets..

If M Marsh goes, Agar will come.. and I don't see any of the current batsmen being dropped. So there's no place of Maxwell tbh.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Pune is a tiny ground with very small straight boundaries. Its the same ground where India chased down 350+ against England with ease in the recent odi series after being like 65/4.

Mi****s can easily sail for six, hard to be caught at long on, long off etc. And this is what Starc took advantage of like Ben Stokes did in the ODI. And perhaps India will too.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
When you have to go, you have to go. Stupid by Border. You do realise Renshaw was wearing lillywhite flannels?

PS

(Border) ''In my day, we **** our pants and were proud of it. Our soiled flannels in fact represented our patriotic commitment to Australia.''

Last edited:

Debris

International 12th Man
Regardless of what Australia score, India is likely to get a lead of 100 to 200 runs, although there's also a small chance of India capitulating as well.

The fact that Australia didn't get bowled out for 200 odd keeps Australia in the game but also- it likely stops India from becoming complacent thinking that the game is in the bag, which may prevent India from throwing it away like Australia.
There are some assumptions in there about Australia's score. You might want to think about some qualifying statements in there such as

"Unless something complete crazy happens" or "Assuming no historic last-wicket partnership"

Tangles

Hey, a guy averaging about 22 in his last 10 Shield innings can't be expected to come in and bat like a proper batsman,
I'm just bitter that Hohns can say he is a better bat than Nev with improved glove work when neither are true. I legit wonder what Hartley thinks about this mug getting a gig.

Tangles

I saw the highlights and Darshs looked dumb. I gather by the CW comments he tried it a few times before getting out sweeping.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
When you have to go, you have to go. Stupid by Border. You do realise Renshaw was wearing lillywhite flannels?

PS

(Border) ''In my day, we **** our pants and were proud of it. Our soiled flannels in fact represented our patriotic commitment to Australia.''
Those men around the bat had pretty tough times then

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
There are some assumptions in there about Australia's score. You might want to think about some qualifying statements in there such as

"Unless something complete crazy happens" or "Assuming no historic last-wicket partnership"
I have already accounted for that.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year

If Australia scores more, India is likely to score more too. It will simply highlight that the pitch has fewer demons and help psychologically.
If Australia had gone for 200, India may have got less too. It's psychological...