• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Shri

Mr. Glass
It's nowhere as tough a pitch as the so called experts called it initially. Were calling 200 to be a good score. lol.

It's actually easier to bat on than even the Mumbai pitch from England series where England got 400 in the first innings despite there being a lot of quick sharp spin.
They were mostly saying how difficult it is going to be later though and I agree. Days 4 and 5 will be nightmarish to bat here.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And I still maintain the pitch is ok.. Its not even turning at pace like Mumbai did. The turn is there but wicket is slow and no inconsistent bounce yet. I agree the surface lookrst very bad but it has played perfectly fine for a first day track in India. Never thought I will see Warne lead the Gambhir-ing for the Aussies already. :p
lol m8 . . . it's the first session of day 1

Burgey

One of the better things about cricket as opposed to a lot of other sports is you can have so many players who bring a skill set to a team which is invaluable in certain conditions but not worth a squirt of piss in others.

Ravindra Jadeja is such a man.

Burgey

And I don't say that to disparage the man either, btw. It's far better to be in that position than be someone like Matthew Wade who has no skill set which is of any value anywhere.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think he will be a better bowler now overseas than he was 3 years ago. Not that he will suddenly be a match winner but if you have a team with 3 or 4 good seamers, he can surely do a job.

EDIT: I am not disagreeing with Burgey's point here. Just a tangential observation from his point, like on hotspot. Before this gets taken in a diff. way too :p

Burgey

I think he will be a better bowler now overseas than he was 3 years ago. Not that he will suddenly be a match winner but if you have a team with 3 or 4 good seamers, he can surely do a job.

EDIT: I am not disagreeing with Burgey's point here. Just a tangential observation from his point, like on hotspot. Before this gets taken in a diff. way too :p
Do you mean he'd sort of be more effective in a holding role OS than he has been previously? Might well be right, I just dunno if he'll ask enough questions on different surfaces to put doubt in the batsmen's minds, but I guess we'll find out soon enough :)

Burgey

Hundred up. Jeez I'd have taken this score at the start of the day, even though the scoring rate has dropped a lot since Warner went.

Not so worried about that from an actual scoring POV as much as it putting pressure on the batsmen and they do something dumb.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah.. I feel he can keep it tight and nick a couple of wickets when batsmen look to go after him. And maybe pose more threat in the 4th innings if there is wear and tear on the wicket. Basically think he will be an OK choice as the lone spinner if the team has a good seam attack. Which was not the case earlier. Certainly dont think he will ever be a match winning spinner OS though.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
And pitch will only get slower now.
YES! This. It doesn't necessarily have to get 'significantly more' difficult to bat on, come day 3 & 4. That's because the pitch gets slower as well, edges don't carry, and you can more easily adjust by playing late due to the extra slowness. This somewhat offsets the difficulty caused by the pitch taking turn more regularly.

I still stand by the opinion that it's an easier pitch than the Mumbai one, which had quick sharp turn

Burgey

Yeah he might struggle to jag a game OS in conditions where they play three quicks if Brains is fit and firing.