• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Crazy thing about Shaun Marsh’s Test career is that he seems to have been around forever (he actually debuted before Warner) yet has only ever managed to play two full Test series – India 2011/12, West Indies 2015 – and that India series was a total disaster for him.

I can understand why they’ve gone with him due to his previous performances in Asia but he has never been reliable in more ways than one. It’s a big investment of faith they’ve put in him here and it’s pretty much career-defining. If he can’t deliver here surely it’s time to move on from him.
He has actually been pretty good for the last few years

Problem has been fitness not performance

Gnske

Yeah and even if he doesn't perform to an acceptable or better degree than the rest of these schmucks (unlikely in any event) I'd still keep him around. He's aging like wine or a nice milf tbh.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really looking forward to this kicking off. Always a keen rivalry these days, despite there rarely being a decent contest between the sides from a series score line pov.

Will be most interested in the sort of approach Australia adopts with the bat tbh. It'll take something pretty extraordinary for them to bat long enough to grind out wins or draws. They don't even do bat very long in more favourable conditions for them let alone away.

Shri

Mr. Glass

This is where the final test is taking place. With some snow-clad mountains as the backdrop. Will be so pleasant and good for the fast bowlers to run in all day.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Crazy thing about Shaun Marsh’s Test career is that he seems to have been around forever (he actually debuted before Warner) yet has only ever managed to play two full Test series – India 2011/12, West Indies 2015 – and that India series was a total disaster for him.

I can understand why they’ve gone with him due to his previous performances in Asia but he has never been reliable in more ways than one. It’s a big investment of faith they’ve put in him here and it’s pretty much career-defining. If he can’t deliver here surely it’s time to move on from him.
He's a batting equivalent of a horses for courses seam bowler that comes in for a Test on his home ground at the end of the series, looks good, gets one full series on dry roads in the UAE and is forever judged by that standard.

Shaun Marsh is totally the right man to play the first Test in India. Just maybe, y'know, lower your expectations a bit

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Pune pitch is likely to have bounce pace and carry, similar to the recent ODI between Ind & Eng.

1st Test & the last Test are the two games where Australia could do well.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Darsh is only horses for courses if they drop him for the next test in non-Indian conditions. Yet we all know if he performs moderately he will stay in the team. Like Wade he is liked by the hierarchy. It just so happens that there's a valid excuse for him, for once, in these conditions.

Burgey

This is where the final test is taking place. With some snow-clad mountains as the backdrop. Will be so pleasant and good for the fast bowlers to run in all day.
Which CWer lives in or near Dharmasala? Is it harsh?

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
I think it would be a big mistake if they had Khawaja in as an opener instead of Renshaw as has been suggested could happen. If they don’t have faith in Khawaja as a No. 3 in these conditions, why should he be trusted as an opener in these conditions? It’s not like he wouldn’t have potentially started against pace as a No. 3 anyway.

Replacing Khawaja with Marsh is a risky but brave move. Putting him in as opener just turns it into a copout. I know they’ll use the excuse of Renshaw failing in the tour match but clearly going by Lehmann’s comments last month it’s been on the cards for a while now.

Speaking of Lehmann, I see he’s brought up his old favourite of ‘get rid of the toss’. He’s already planted the perfect mental excuse for Australia to fail if they lose the toss tomorrow.

Last edited:

social

I think it would be a big mistake if they had Khawaja in as an opener instead of Renshaw as has been suggested could happen. If they don’t have faith in Khawaja as a No. 3 in these conditions, why should he be trusted as an opener in these conditions? It’s not like he wouldn’t have potentially started against pace as a No. 3 anyway.

Replacing Khawaja with Marsh is a risky but brave move. Putting him in as opener just turns it into a copout. I know they’ll use the excuse of Renshaw failing in the tour match but clearly going by Lehmann’s comments last month it’s been on the cards for a while now.

Speaking of Lehmann, I see he’s brought up his old favourite of ‘get rid of the toss’. He’s already planted the perfect mental excuse for Australia to fail if they lose the toss tomorrow.
Nah,Lehmann has been going on about it forever

Gnske

Legitimately had a dream last night that Ashwin had a press conference in which he stated Australia doesn't have a large brain and proceeded to rate the brain capacity of Australia's players out of 5 carrom balls. Warner scored 5 carrom balls out of 5.

Must be more excited for this series than i thought

burr

State Vice-Captain

Wow. How are you supposed to focus on the cricket.

OverratedSanity

Don't live there but I have been to the ground. It's absolutely stunning and even the pictures don't do it justice.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Don't live there but I have been to the ground. It's absolutely stunning and even the pictures don't do it justice.
Yeah, me too. Its 7 degrees Celsius now and its 7:20 AM. It was a great place to smoke weed and eat Punjabi food when you get the munchies. Stayed there for 4 days once and each day was close to perfect.