• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would be tempted to leave Lyon out as he simply does not provide sufficient control often enough on these pitches

Ideally, we play Starc, Haze, Bird SOK with backing from others but we'd never get through 90 overs and at least one of the fast bowlers is likely to be cooked for the series early on

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I love the way the highlights include pics of the players walking out to bat. Every one of them.

Nice catch by Smitteh to end the dig, but how bad was Maxwell's drop in the outfield?

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

People saying Lyon outbowled SOK what are you looking at
yeah this has never happened in the history of cricket. I have a hard time believing it would start now.

I would be tempted to leave Lyon out as he simply does not provide sufficient control often enough on these pitches

Ideally, we play Starc, Haze, Bird SOK with backing from others but we'd never get through 90 overs and at least one of the fast bowlers is likely to be cooked for the series early on
Easy solution to that. The Big Show at 6.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maxwell's drop was loltastic.

That ground is smaller than some grade fields I've played on. Half of the fours would have been a 2 or even a single on other grounds.

The ball that got Maxwell was a rank half volley and should have gone for four if Maxwell didn't play down the wrong line.

Warner must be fuming he didn't cash in.

TheJediBrah

Maxwell's drop was loltastic.

That ground is smaller than some grade fields I've played on. Half of the fours would have been a 2 or even a single on other grounds.

The ball that got Maxwell was a rank half volley and should have gone for four if Maxwell didn't play down the wrong line.

Warner must be fuming he didn't cash in.
I'd be pretty happy if I was Warner. Got a solid hit in each innings without tiring himself out. Don't think anyone really cares whether you make 30, 40 or 100 in a practice match as long as you get some time at the crease.

40 balls is a decent knock by Warner's standards

Daemon

@Stephen Maybe it did something off the deck or in the air, doubt he'd fall over like that playing a straight one

Spark

Global Moderator
I'd be pretty happy if I was Warner. Got a solid hit in each innings without tiring himself out. Don't think anyone really cares whether you make 30, 40 or 100 in a practice match as long as you get some time at the crease.

40 balls is a decent knock by Warner's standards
Smith was making noises that Warner in particular needed to cash in much more on his starts though.

Top_Cat

Smith was making noises that Warner in particular needed to cash in much more on his starts though.
Absolutely he does. Noone ever has had a mediocre series then blamed being tired from a big knock in the warm-up.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Easy 4-0 win for India. Teams such as Australia and England should be restricted to playing 3 tests in the subcontinent let alone India. Australia's batting looks the best compared to the 4 sides that have toured in the subcontinent. Realistically, only Pakistan can take on and beat India, but that tour is not going to happen anytime soon. It has been a long time. Australia has the fast bowlers, but the spin is still a problem. Nathan Lyon will not be good enough. If Australia lost all the test matches in Sri Lanka last year then they will most likely lose all the test matches away to India. I'm expecting the likes of Warner and Smith to deliver though.

Daemon

Will it be as easy as it was supposed to be for Bangladesh to win the ODI series against NZ?

srbhkshk

International Captain
Realistically, only Pakistan can take on and beat India, but that tour is not going to happen anytime soon.
Take on? sure. Beat? Nope.
On a flat track India will outbat them, on a turning track Indian will have three good spinners to Pakistan's one, they ain't gonna get a green wicket here, but even if they do Pakistani pace bowling is better just by a fraction and India's batting is far better equipped to deal with pacers than Pakistan as of now.

I see Indian being beaten in India in only 2 scenarios - Australia gets a road , Warner/Smith go big and Starc manages to reverse it or Sri Lanka get a rank turner and one of their batsmen manages to fluke it against Ash/Jaddu.

Compton

International Debutant
I don't think it's out of the question for Australia to win a test. They'd just need a lot of things to go their way.

They certainly have the talent in the side.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
The last test supposedly has a climate that won't be condusive to spin. So that's the best chance for a win.

Seems to be some chat about Uzi opening with Warner. Harsh on Renshaw. Drop Uzi, or don't pick Darsh or play 6 bats. Dropping a promising young opener before 1 test seems dumb.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Crazy thing about Shaun Marsh’s Test career is that he seems to have been around forever (he actually debuted before Warner) yet has only ever managed to play two full Test series – India 2011/12, West Indies 2015 – and that India series was a total disaster for him.

I can understand why they’ve gone with him due to his previous performances in Asia but he has never been reliable in more ways than one. It’s a big investment of faith they’ve put in him here and it’s pretty much career-defining. If he can’t deliver here surely it’s time to move on from him.