• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in India 2017

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It has been an interesting track and it has been interesting captaincy from Kohli too. They were looking to attack Ashwin by stepping out very often and he still kept giving them the bait. Ball is not doing much at all unless they can get it to reverse. Gotta try and start the day tomorrow with the spinners and then bring on the seamers for reverse after the first 40 mins or so. Hopefully by then they can be 8 down or something.

Just amazing how easily all these batsmen were able to play the spinners who seemed so so difficult to get away for so many of the NZ and Eng batsmen. :p Its all fine to say flat track etc. but England batsmen, even the ones who scored big runs, never looked this comfortable against Ash and Jaddu as these guys did. I guess there is something to be said about how our SC guys grow up on a diet of spin bowling and its not really scary for them when the ball turns a wee bit more or bounces a wee bit more off a length. Just like how for Eng and NZ batsmen its no big deal when the ball moves off the straight and Eng/RSA batsmen when the ball comes quicker and higher than expected.

Shri

Mr. Glass
It has been an interesting track and it has been interesting captaincy from Kohli too. They were looking to attack Ashwin by stepping out very often and he still kept giving them the bait. Ball is not doing much at all unless they can get it to reverse. Gotta try and start the day tomorrow with the spinners and then bring on the seamers for reverse after the first 40 mins or so. Hopefully by then they can be 8 down or something.

Just amazing how easily all these batsmen were able to play the spinners who seemed so so difficult to get away for so many of the NZ and Eng batsmen. :p Its all fine to say flat track etc. but England batsmen, even the ones who scored big runs, never looked this comfortable against Ash and Jaddu as these guys did. I guess there is something to be said about how our SC guys grow up on a diet of spin bowling and its not really scary for them when the ball turns a wee bit more or bounces a wee bit more off a length. Just like how for Eng and NZ batsmen its no big deal when the ball moves off the straight and Eng/RSA batsmen when the ball comes quicker and higher than expected.
Yes but this pitch has also been worse than Rajkot so far. Boring cricket. Hope it does more on day 5.

I also think Miraz has bowled better than Ash so far from what we have seen.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I didn't really see Mehedi bowl that much, so I cannot compare but I dont think this pitch is worse than Rajkot. If anything, it is better as this ground at least allows reverse swing to come into play. Rajkot, 3rd day, I am pretty sure the game looked more likely to be a draw than this one does. And ditto Chennai. So I still got hopes for a result here. And while I dont think Ash has bowled particularly great, he has been steady enough and I think it is because the BD batsmen play spin better that he has looked less threatening than he did at other times during this series. I mean, it was obvious he was reading when Shakib was gonna come down the track to him but he kept trying too hard to beat him on the outside edge and get him stumped and didn't try to follow him and cramp his batswing up. Jadeja has been consistent as he always is. I just think there is a gulf in class between how the BD batsmen play spin and how the other visitors this season do and that is all there is to it.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not sure.

If they score 370-400 from here then they'll trail by 300, give or take. Not inconceivable that India would then need to bat again regardless of whether they enforce the follow-on.

India having to bat again just takes overs out of the match, and that's obviously going to push the draw back into contention.
Even if Bangladesh score 550+ and India have to bat again... it's likely not going to change the result..

In the 4th innings, India can bowl Bangladesh out (Bangladesh can easily get themselves out) even inside final two sessions of Day 5..

At the moment, it's-
95% India
5% Draw

In the above scenario, it'd still be
60-40 or better in favor of India.

All one needs to do is check Bangladesh's track record and how they capitulate almost everytime. (Im saying this because Im totally frustrated with how they have done it everytime for a number of YEARS, so I don't expect anything different whatsoever).

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Taijul can hold the bat but I am not convinced he can stick around. Rabbi though can dead bat for long. India one wicket away from packing this up real quick.
Except of course if what you just pointed out happens (rabbi dead bats for a long time).

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
See what I mean when I say BD need to have a better attitude towards cricket? What the **** was Taijul doing? He seems actually relieved and in a hurry to go back to the pavilion.

Shri

Mr. Glass
See what I mean when I say BD need to have a better attitude towards cricket? What the **** was Taijul doing? He seems actually relieved and in a hurry to go back to the pavilion.
Tailenders being scared of short balls is understandable tbh.