• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Spark

Global Moderator
well, the dominating line looks out of place from the rest of the story, as I have read it. I really dont see it as dissing the Aussies so much. Its not even McGrath level yet. :p
Kind of is though, no?

Although like McGrath back the day, you do get the feeling he probably won't be proved wrong.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well, definitely, McGrath won't have thrown a "XXX is a top side" and wont have said we are "looking" to win 4-0. As I said, having read his actual quotes, I just think the words came out wrong to say what he meant in that "dominating" line and the rest of it is not as bad as some of the other verbal shots I recall being fired before various series.

GirtBySea

U19 12th Man
Will be interesting to see how Agar goes in this tour. Anyone think he'll play any Tests?
Statistically speaking, with a FC career average of 26 with the bat and 40 with the ball. If he can get them both into the 30s he would look like a genuine no.7 all-rounder.
And then play Cummins, Starc, Pattinson and Hazlewood as the four pace bowlers when the Ashes comes. And dispense of Mitch Marsh too!

Midwinter

State Captain
Don't think Agar will play a test unless O'Keefe gets injured.

He is really a batsman who bowls a bit.

Good limited overs cricketer.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Are Australia and India the two most injury prone teams in the world atm? Hopefully there are none during the series, though I wouldn't put any money on it.

Shri

Mr. Glass
You can never be too careful. Should be asked to take it easy and bowl about 20Kmphs slower.

Fenil

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think Australia should play to their strength much like the 2004 squad did. Though their is a vast difference between the 2004 team and the one Australia has now, I still feel Australia can beat India provided that they stick to what they do good. Picking 4 spinners might come back to haunt Aussies as the tracks dont turn much in India nowadays as Mumbai 2004 as evident from the last two home series of India against New Zealand and England..

Last edited:

Spikey

But will he be enough of a threat? Bowling friendly conditions overseas have been meaningless often in recent times for particularly our seamers.But yeah I'd like to have that belief in Gaz, but I've had that hope since the 2014 Pakistan series. Never learns.

He just really needs to take wickets more than anything, forget economy if that's happening. It's why I have a suspicion the reason O'Keefe works with Lyon as efficiently as he deals with bouncers is that Lyon is not doing just that, taking the wickets which O'Keefe is creating pressure for (which he later takes himself). Given India probably won't struggle with O'Keefe on his own unless your name is Ajinkya Rahane, the 1st Test scorecard I think is going to be a familiar formula of episode.
I misread this at first and so I was gonna open up a can of whoop arse on the claim that O'Keefe and Lyon work well together.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Are Australia and India the two most injury prone teams in the world atm? Hopefully there are none during the series, though I wouldn't put any money on it.
I don't think so. Sri Lanka would make the top 2 I think.

Fenil

Cricket Web Staff Member
This reminds me of a video that BCCI tweeted yesterday showing few of Indian cricketers in the net practice. Their opener Lokesh Rahul was casually playing the throw downs out side the net with no protection at all (no helmet, no guards, no pads). No wonder Rahul gets injured in every other series.

Daemon

of course he does that, after all his dad did send a letter to KP telling him to play spin without pads in practice

91Jmay

International Coach
Renshaw
Warner
SMarsh
Smith
Handscomb
Maxwell
MMarsh
Wade
O'Keefe
Starc
Haze

Picking Khawaja is as good as picking 10 players on a spinning pitch. Pick a couple of 'high ceiling' players in Maxwell and MMarsh and hope they can provide a couple of big innings between them to nick draws.
Obviously I'd play Nev if he was touring, but if they're gonna pretend Wade is a keeper; that's their prerogative.
I wouldn't pick Khawaja either but we've seen what high ceiling Maxwell can do in India in Tests.