• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs New Zealand ODIs 2016/17

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Was at GnR at the cake tin.

With only 4 ground in NZ with lights (for cricket), the reason Napier got this game is that the cake tin was otherwise occupied.

Sounds like they need to work on the drainage.
I'm not an expert on these things but why couldn't have Wellington have been the 3rd ODI and Hamilton 2nd? Presuming that is because GnR was confirmed after the CH scheduling...but NZC has to be better than scheduling an important game at a ground not fit to hold water, rather than just presume it won't rain. Unfortunately they're not.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I'm not an expert on these things but why couldn't have Wellington have been the 3rd ODI and Hamilton 2nd? Presuming that is because GnR was confirmed after the CH scheduling...but NZC has to be better than scheduling an important game at a ground not fit to hold water, rather than just presume it won't rain. Unfortunately they're not.
Actually I see Hamilton is a day game anyway on the weekend.

So, my point isn't very valid.

If they wanted to avoid Napier, they could have. If they thought it's drainage wasn't up to intl standard.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So when is Wade expected to return? Is his injury good enough to keep him from touring India?

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Proves my point. Teams are strong at home, but very weak away. I remember New Zealand toured Australia last month, and they lost all the games. Now, when Australia tours New Zealand, the results are reversed. However, in ODI Cricket, Australia are one of the few teams that can win series away from home all over the world. They are ranked #1 for a reason, and that too a long time. Test Cricket you could say all teams struggle away from home now. I know South African won a test series in Australia not so long ago, but conditions ain't much different to theirs at home. The key question is can i.e. India win a test series in i.e. New Zealand, and Australia win a test series in i.e. India.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Proves my point. Teams are strong at home, but very weak away. I remember New Zealand toured Australia last month, and they lost all the games. Now, when Australia tours New Zealand, the results are reversed. However, in ODI Cricket, Australia are one of the few teams that can win series away from home all over the world. They are ranked #1 for a reason, and that too a long time. Test Cricket you could say all teams struggle away from home now. I know South African won a test series in Australia not so long ago, but conditions ain't much different to theirs at home. The key question is can i.e. India win a test series in i.e. New Zealand, and Australia win a test series in i.e. India.
You've based that off one ODI they lost by 6 runs?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Guptill officially out again. My NZ XI would be,

Brownlie
Latham+
KW
Taylor
Broom
Neesham
Munro
Santner
Sodhi
Ferguson
Boult

Expect KW to get through a few overs.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not much interest on CW for NZ/Aus matches anymore it seems. Meanwhile India vs England ODIs and T20s get an incredible amount of interest, Must be a sign of the times.

Australia look up for today and NZ not playing Sodhi is thoroughly depressing. As Doull said, if he's not going to get a game on his home ground where he won the MOTM vs. Australia last year, he'll never get one in NZ.

Last edited:

Compton

International Debutant
Australia's lineup looks to have the balance wrong, IMO.

8 bowling options is OTT when you're batting Maxwell-Stoinis-Faulkner at 5-6-7.