• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***OFFICIAL*** BBL | 06 Thread

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smiles on the sixers bench, presumably because they've been giving Abbott **** for years over Junior's love for him

Spikey

i'm happy mainly because these last two games have been the first time in years that i've liked the Sixers team structure, and it would have sucked if they crashed out at that point

Spikey

did a lazy team for the T20s. don't think i missed anyone important

Finch
Dunk
Head
Bailey
Ross/Burns
Turner
Faulkner
Abbott
Zampa
Cummins
Pattinson

Tye for Pattinson if that's a no go

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Finch
Dunk
Head
Bailey
Ross/Burns
Turner
Faulkner
Abbott
Zampa
Cummins
Pattinson

I don't like Burns down the order in T20 cricket. He takes a while to get going. I'd rather see him open but there are better openers than him so I honestly wouldn't pick him. And Lynn needs to be picked if fit.

social

Just bought tickets for the Gabba semi and won't be surprised if it's a sell out as not many left despite only going on sale to public 30 mins ago

TheJediBrah

I don't like Burns down the order in T20 cricket. He takes a while to get going. I'd rather see him open but there are better openers than him so I honestly wouldn't pick him. And Lynn needs to be picked if fit.
Have you watched any of Burns this year?

stephen

So? He's been exceedingly effective batting down the order
Yes he has. No debates there. But I think that there have been better lower order bats and the danger with his style is if he gets out after 12 balls you've just wasted 2 overs for not many runs.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

Finch
Dunk
Head
Bailey
Ross/Burns
Turner
Faulkner
Abbott
Zampa
Cummins
Pattinson

Ross wouldn't be making my Australia XI. If Lynn was back for the Heat I would consider dropping him. Just not a fan (although I know his style can come off every now and then).

Assuming noone from the Test squad and no Lynn I would now go:

1 Quiney 2 Finch c 3 Dunk+ 4 Bailey 5 Head vc 6 Turner 7 Faulkner 8 Cummins 9 Tye 10 Zampa 11 Stanlake

For the rest of the squad I would just reward some of the youngsters who have shown something this tournament:

12 Abbott 13 McDermott 14 Dwarhuis

Quiney is seriously good in this format opening and has buckets for hands in the field. Dwarhuis is just left field but I would assume the selectors are noticing his performances more than say a Steketee. Patto could be an option but the pick would not be based on his BBL performances.

Zinzan

It would be good to see Australia become good at T20I cricket. Hope they can get close to their best side on the park.

Shady Slim

International Coach
they're forcing the issue with cummins so hard so unless he breaks again he's probably a lock

who are the other locks?
forkers, head, and finch and zampa you'd think, stanlake likely as well

Burgey

Abbott should play ahead of cummins anyway in that format. He's had a great BBL with the ball and he's a better bat.