• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***OFFICIAL*** BBL | 06 Thread

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What was Finch's motive in bowling Perera again when the pacers have been belted all night and there's a high likelihood of edges - which will go for four - and the batsmen won't have to put pace on the ball etc. It's like he wanted to lose.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Big swerve from Vince there. Who woulda picked a Stuart Broad face turn at the start of the night? Hopefully Ben McDermott doesn't get a Roman-esque push now.

And **** me can Thisara Perera please never pick up a cricket ball again?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Ok, look, honestly, when do we start looking into the legitimacy of this tournament? I can't be the only one who is ridiculously suspicious of this.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some innings that. New age T20 player who can score off most balls & hit to weird places. Similar to new NZ bat Tom Bruce.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Well, I wouldn't have called it, but if one side can score a lot, I supposed the other can as well.

To get to the point, bowling figures:

TLW Cooper 2-0-12-2 at 6.00

NLTC Perera 4-0-59-0 at 14.75 (1w)

Touché, much?

Also, I wonder whether Ferguson could have gone for that high one off McDermott.

Last edited:

Starfighter

A few lessons from tonight's match:
1: Thisara Perera is complete and utter ****. Also, James Pattinson doesn't have much going on up there either.

2: Long hops get smashed. Half volleys get smashed. Combining the two is even less ideal than each on its own.

3: Bowling a guy who's already conceded 43 off 3 when defending only 16 off the last over is not wise. Corollary: Aaron Finch has no brains, at all.

4: When the finger spinners have been troubling the batsmen all night clearly the better (not) option is the medium pacer (no. 3) rather than the guy with 2/12 (2). Even if said spinner 'doesn't usually bowl at the end' he's still the better option.

That's enough ranting though.

Starfighter

Ok, look, honestly, when do we start looking into the legitimacy of this tournament? I can't be the only one who is ridiculously suspicious of this.
Never assume malice where stupidity will suffice.

(Especially when Aaron Finch is involved)

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Like, almost every game seems to fit a predetermined, marketed narrative or becomes artificially close through abysmally poor cricket. The Agar final ball six, Pattinson shitting himeslf vs Haddin, that awful last over then (even by Thisara's low standards). Eoin Morgan plugging along at a strike rate of 12 before taking it to a final ball six. Watson's dropped catch. There's a hell of a lot of games that should have been put to bed in the 16th becoming final ball thrillers -- which makes for awesome TV. Yeah, sure, you genuinely get these kinds of games from time to time. But the concentration of them in this tournament doesn't feel right to me.

Or maybe I'm just old and cynical and hate T20-as-cricket and refuse to see it as anything more than pure entertainment.

DriveClub

International Regular
Like, almost every game seems to fit a predetermined, marketed narrative or becomes artificially close through abysmally poor cricket. The Agar final ball six, Pattinson shitting himeslf vs Haddin, that awful last over then (even by Thisara's low standards). Eoin Morgan plugging along at a strike rate of 12 before taking it to a final ball six. Watson's dropped catch. There's a hell of a lot of games that should have been put to bed in the 16th becoming final ball thrillers -- which makes for awesome TV. Yeah, sure, you genuinely get these kinds of games from time to time. But the concentration of them in this tournament doesn't feel right to me.

Or maybe I'm just old and cynical and hate T20-as-cricket and refuse to see it as anything more than pure entertainment.
Match fixing? That's out of no where

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, I don't think it's fixed. You can't fix **** like final ball finishes; players aren't good enough to execute their skills perfectly on cue. But I wouldn't be surprised if there was some form of direction to treat it more as an exhibition tournament than a genuine contest where wins matter: "go out there, execute your skills, show us what you're capable of, and keep the result tight to entertain the fans".